posted to rec.boats.paddle
Robert Scott Robert Scott is offline

Default Fishing kayak

"Roger" wrote in message
Any recommendations for a fishing kayak for a novice kayaker. I'm
looking for something stable and comfortable I can fish in.
Thanks

Roger
http://www.virginiarowing.com

Hi Roger,

I'm a long-time canoe guy who needed a fishing kayak and I picked the
Wilderness Systems Pungo 140 Angler. I preferred it to the sit-on-top types
due to the lighter weight and dry storage. And, I'm 6'2" and 250 lbs. so I
needed something with a roomy cockpit and plenty of volume. I have to say
I'm very pleased with the boat and the value. It is very stable and roomy.
Today, I was paddling in brisk winds and whitecaps on a small Adirondack
lake and I was extremely impressed with the Pungo 140's manners. So much so
that I was wondering to myself how much use my canoes would get now that I
have this wonderful kayak.... ;-)

Good luck with your choice,
desmobob