posted to rec.boats.building
Bruce In Bangkok Bruce In Bangkok is offline

Default Bilge drains Bonding, Corrosion and Mounting For a Westerly 22 fiberglass twin keel sailboat

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:24:07 GMT, (Richard
Casady) wrote:

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 06:22:57 +0700, Bruce In Bangkok
wrote:

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 16:26:20 GMT,
(Richard
Casady) wrote:

Guys glue the metal parts of a rifle into the stock with epoxy.
You use dry ice. The metal and glue will shrink different ammounts.
that plus maybe a bit of the mallet will generally break the bond.

Casady

If you are talking about "glass bedding" it isn't usually "gluing" the
barrel and action into the stock, it is actually fitting the action
and barrel to the stock - you are supposed to use wax or other release
action on the steel parts :-)

Not usually, sometimes.

I am familiar with glass bedding with a release agent. I sold the kits
at my gun store. This is deliberately glueing the gun together, in a
manner intended to be perminent. Only by the benchrest crowd, far as I
know.

Casady

If it is a bench rest gun then anything is likely. I've seen some of
the "unlimited" guns that you needed to be told "it's a gun" to figure
out what it was.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)