Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default PDQ 39' sailing catamaran FOR SALE

On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 10:49:46 -0400, wrote:

There is a world of difference between your needs and those of a
sailboat, Wayne. I believe you know that, and just forgot for a
moment. G

Depends on the size and weight of the sailboat. A 70,000 pound
sailboat needs almost as much power at hull speed. Power
requirements for full displacement boats depend mostly on weight but
prismatic coefficient does enter into it somewhat. The biggest
cruising sailboat I've ever been on was about 120 feet. Don't know
the weight but probably several hundred thousand pounds. It had a
pair of aux diesels bigger than mine in a full walk in engine room,
everything spotless.