posted to rec.boats.electronics
lacomplice lacomplice is offline

Default repeater for a GPS display ?!?

Helo to forum members,
I want to ask the knowledgeable members, if it is possible to
duplicate or repeat
the LCD display of a below-deck gps {FURUNO),on a remote LCD display
located in the cockpit.That remote display needs only to show the info
of the gps screen.
Is there such a display available to buy or has to be custom built?
How will the displays be
interconnected and what about power & illumination?If the displays are
connected to each other by way of NMEA-0183 output from the gps,will
this solve the above questions ? Did anybody considered or built
some thing similar? Or is it to much trouble and i should go and buy
another GPS.
Thank you very much for considering and answering my naive question ,
Best regards ,Arie.