Roy G. Biv

Default New style (spin on) Raycor (diesel) fuel filters

these are really nice, I always try to drain the bowl......
http://www.defender.com/cgi-bin/Web_...ta log=301012

Marc Auslander wrote in message news:...
My old Raycor with its replaceable element has failed. What I see now
in the catalogs are units with spin on filters.

With the old style, when you removed the old filter, the fuel stayed
in the bowl. Put in a new filter, top up, and close it. The old
filter had almost no fuel in it, and it took almost nothing to top up.

How do the new units work? I'm imagining a procedure similar to an oil
filter replacement, except that after I remove the old, I have to fill the new
one with fuel.