posted to rec.boats.building
[email protected] ajh.hamberg@gmail.com is offline

Default Blakes toilet

On 12 okt, 17:50, Daniele Fua wrote:
I have a beautiful classic Blakes toilet in very good working condition
but fair exterior appearance. *It is all made of marine grade bronze and
originally mostly painted and partly chrome plated. I am presently
brushing all the paint off and wondering what to do next.
1) paint again with... what?
2) have everything chrome plated.
3) clean well and leave the bronze as it is.
3) coat the cleaned bronze with a transparent coating. Which one?

Personally I would choose not to paint it in white again but all kind of
advices are very welcome.

Daniel

Dear Daniele,
I have a baby blakes with the same condition. I had all the bronze
parts cleaned by blasting with glass pearls. This is like sand
blasting but with less violence. After that I had the parts treated
with enamel in the original colour. Enamel is when they spray the
object and than dry it in a very hot oven. The result is very strong
and perfect. The chrome parts where rechromed and the result is a new
toilet. The best there is.

Best regards, Bert