HK HK is offline

Default Transoms - Everglades Boats anti-swamping solution

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

It's simple...if you take a greenie over the bow or the sides, a boat
with a transom like mine will shed that water a lot more quickly than a
boat with a closed transom.

Not to get into hypotheticals, but assume my previous example for a
moment. Your are out there drift fishing in a bit of a chop, the wind
suddenly picks up due to a thunder boomer nearby, the seas start getting
confused and you start taking a few splashes over the transom.

You wisely decide it's time to head in, but, alas! That reliable Yamaha
4 stroke suddenly decided to have a bad computer day.
It won't start. The boat's starting to bounce around a bit, some of the
growing waves smacking into that transom. Your feet start getting wet
.... oh .... wait ... that's ok. You don't mind.

Point is, if you took a serious greenie over the transom for some reason,
don't you need power on to clear it "quickly"?

Eisboch

That's why I have a Yamaha, and not an eTec! Instant power on. :)

Actually most of the time water rolls right out the *four* transom drains.

You guys seem to think that a 25" transom is...lower than a 25" transom.

Sorry. I was thinking of the transom cutout where the engine sits. What
is it's height to the waterline?

Eisboch

That's the 25"+ part of my transom. The rest of the transom is about a
foot taller. Fascinating, hey?