Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Soul searching about a sailor in trouble

"Richard Casady" wrote in message
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 22:18:42 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
.. .
Bruce in Bangkok wrote in
:

Larry, sorry I can't agree. when I lived in Maine I met a lobsterman -
81 years old and still fishing every day except Sunday. Had you told
Capt. Carter he was too old to fish he'd have laughed at you.

All these examples are quite admirable, but are the exceptions, not the
old
goats walking the docks at your local marinas....to the peril of those
who
must come retrieve them, exhausted and infirmed and unable to
continue...or
worse....in that storm offshore when they've just pushed it too far one
more time.

We don't allow the blind to drive a car down the Interstate.....

Why do we allow the blind to drive a massive boat, just because he can
afford it?

I know some really nice people who have no business leaving the docks.

We allow disabled people who can't get a regular drivers license to drive
big rigs....

If you need eyeglasses to drive you can't get a regular license. Is
that what you mean?

Casady

No... they sometimes have heart conditions, epilepsy, stuff like that.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com