[email protected] dougking888@yahoo.com is offline

Default Aggies Lost at Sea?

"Roger Long" wrote:
I don't have keel bolts.

Yes, I gathered that when you said you had an encapsulated keel

... My ballast is encapsulated (see my post on
encapsulation).

I did

My suggestion that "38 year old keel bolts can be replaced" was a
suggestion that it is needless to worry about keelbolts even if you
have them.

Yes keel bolts can be replaced and should be. If they are replaced because
X-ray shows that they are necked down and need replacement, there is a good
chance they will break off at the keel/hull joint and then you'll be faced
with drilling new ones.

Yep. Is major PITA

... The best tactic is to replace them frequently while
sound enough to be pulled but almost no one does that.

Stainless steel keel bolts are death.

How about Monel?

Fresh Breezes- Doug King