Marty[_2_] Marty[_2_] is offline

Default Suzuki DF4 vs. DF6 (or maybe another choice, the Tohatsu MFS4BS).

lid wrote:
Marty wrote:

I completely agreee. That's why I'm thinkin' 30lb - 50lb trolling
motor. I'm only curious about how my canoe would handle the weight of
an outboard, not the horsepower. No question that even 1hp would be
more than enough.
How stable is your canoe? Wide beam? Flat bottom? Mine has neither.

Point taken, mine is 18' beam about 3'6", flat bottom, triple keel, much
more stable than yours. Which provides another reason for going
electric, you get to put some ballast (the battery) down low.

Cheers
Marty