Peggie Hall

Default Barge with camper?

I thought you already owned the RV. For $7500 plus whatever it'll cost
you to build the barge, you could buy a small houseboat in fairly
decent--certainly operable and sound anyway--condition AND have it
transported. I'm not referring to permanently moored floating
structures, but what amounts to a floating mobile home on a barge hull
or pontoons, with engine(s), that would need no modifications 'cuz these
things are boats...inland lakes and rivers are littered with 'em. Sizes
range from about 35' to over 100'. Many are aluminum, but some are steel
and some even fiberglass...and ideal for your purpose. Pick up a copy of
Houseboat magazine and check the used listings for older ones...also
Heartland Boating. An older 35-42' Nautaline--provided it didn't have
any fiberglass rot (they're prone to it) would be a perfect choice for
you. Or maybe an older Gibson or Holiday Mansion.

Just my $.02 worth...

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Bill wrote:
Ed, I agree with what you said with regards as to how it should work,
but I feel Peggy has the best idea of simply adding a large holding
tank, and dump straight into it from the camper. This all seems to be
coming together faster than I thought. I have even found an older
camping trailer, although 40 feet long, that the wheel bearings and
brakes are shot, and a couple of people have told me that both axles
need replacing. It sat in a camp ground and used about every other
year for the past 10 years, but never moved. The owner only wants
$7500 for it. I am wondering at this point, if I can get it onto the
barge, just make it part of the barge, no on and off deal. Gee, so
many oportunities! The Landing Craft idea was a good one also, but
wow, very expensive, so back to looking for a steel barge. Thanx for
all your help, like I said, I never thought this idea would be worth
it, for some reason or another, but I have a feeling it will. Thanx
again all.
Bill