posted to alt.sailing.asa
[email protected] dougking888@yahoo.com is offline

Default Re-core ? ? ?

Sailing to windward in higher winds is "abuse"? Funny, I had the idea
that's what boats were supposed to be built for.

"Maxprop" wrote:
Are you serious?

Yes.

Are you serious in suggesting that boats should *not* be built to sail
hard in strong winds?

Where have you been, Doug?

Around

Higher winds are only part of
the issue. How about monstrous waves, a team of youngsters (plus an
occasional oldtimer) pushing the rig and hull to its breaking point,
pounding and dropping off shear wavefronts, did I mention monstrous waves?

Yeah, so what? Do *you* encounter those conditions on a regular basis?

And you're contradicting yourself again- first you say the boats are
flimsy throw-aways because they come apart after a Sydney-Hobart Race,
then you rant & rave about monstrous waves.

Utter nonsense. They are no more "throw-away boats" than your 1D35...
less so, if anything (correct me if I'm wrong, but have 1D35s sailed
any mjor offshore races?)

Again you've pretended to a throne without the proper credentials.

??

Those
who build boats for such races seldom race them again. They sell them to
those who don't have the means to employ the latest technology and design:
throwaway.

And said boats often have racing careers spanning decades.... hardly
"throw-aways."

... Ellison's boat in Holland, MI, is a prime example.

Yep- raced hard, looks like new. Proves the opposite of what you
claim, doesn't it?

... And your
comment about the 1D35 doesn't deserve a response.

Meaning that you don't have an intelligent answer? If you're a member
of the class then you should have a good idea about what races they go
to.

Do 1D35s race in the Mac? Seems like a great boat for it.

But is it a "throw-away"?

Once again you've jumped in with both feet in your mouth, pretending to be
an expert in everything and smarter to boot. Your arrogance is appalling,
Doug, but not quite as appalling as your complete lack of civility. Oh, and
you are wrong on all points.

yeah, sure, whatever

DSK