posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Mac26X fit for all waters

"Duncan McC (NZ)" wrote in message
. nz...
In article , egordon873
@aol.com says...
"KLC Lewis" wrote in
et:

So when the wind pipes up to force 6 or 7 and the mast starts pumping
and flexing that cabintop and you're 2000 miles from anywhere... "Oh
God, thy sea is so big and my boat is so small, and why didn't you
bless me with two broken legs on the day before I was to set off on
this voyage?"

On a Mac you can take the mast down for less windage. It makes the
stability better, too. You can motor along and keep up with the waves so
they don't break over you.

And here's me thinking - I want stability - I'll put my sail *UP*.

I've had ma boat out in 30+kts, but I know she'd handle quite a lot more
than that too. I prefer to sail those conditions, than motor - I find
the boat far more stable (read: even) on the water, and subsequently a
lot more controllable. Most importantly, less stressful.

--
Duncan

Ducan.. you and every real sailor knows this.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com