rhys

Default Largest Singlehanded Sailboat Is What?

On 2 Feb 2006 07:22:57 -0800, "BeeRich" wrote:

And lastly, I see the quality/environment of larger boats to be much
more appealing. Plywood interiors with cans of tuna rolling around
doesn't appeal to me. Makes it more like a job, or something I feel I
have to accomplish. I have worked hard enough so far, and I'd like
some relaxing fun in my life, not a perilous wet chore.

Well, if you want fast and efficient, you should be prepared to spend
around half-a-million. The Tartan 4100, the Saga 43 and 48 and the
J-160 come to mind as nicely appointed, but speed-oriented sailing
machines that one could conceivably handle solo.

I like the Shearwater 45, but it's tipped a tad toward comfort over
speed. Lovely boats, though.

Don't rule out aluminum boats, particularly the French ones.

R.