Jan

Default evinrude 4 HP 2 cyl runs rough

Hi everyone,

Thanks very much for replying on my questions. It was a couple of days
since I checked for new messages and in the meantime I found a
workshop here in Uppsala (Sweden) where I took the engine after
confirming a serious ignition problem, as suggested here in the n.g.
Had to go there cause I had no flywheel puller. After we took the
flywheel of he suggested me to clean the breaker points using very
fine sandpaper (800-1200). One of the spark plugs was again completely
fouled. He noticed the spark plug where still the original ones, cause
the old paint was still on there, so we bought a new set of those as
well( Denso plugs).
Coming home we cleaned the breaker points and put in the new spark
plugs, when we tested them you could actually hear the spark wich I
couldn't notice testing the old ones and the spark was a lot clearer.

So that night we went out fishing and the engine behaved perfectly
with all the power available. Still a lot of fun with a 4 hp engine!

Still, one little question. Under the cover and bolted to the carb
sits a plastic lever wich is actuated by the throttle and connects to
the butterfly valve in the carb. In it sits a screw (allen key), where
exactly do you use this one for?? Is this for high rpm adjustment? And
how to adjust?

Many thanks,

Jan.

(Honda CB 400N '79)