Paul Schilter

Default Suzuki Outboards

Bill,
I had a CJ5, those rollbars were pretty ornamental. I'd soon heard of
other CJ's that had rolled and the bars failed. It did teach me one thing,
to always wear a seatbelt.
Paul

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:14:29 GMT, Sailing Fan wrote:

CU made a hasty decision to give Suzuki an unacceptable rating a long,
long time ago. To save face, they have stuck to their guns, which is to
be expected. Today there are some very well rated and very
environmentally friendly cars made by Suzuki. You don't see Exxon-Mobil
suing because the vehicles don't use enough fuel?
For the most any application, Suzuki outboards are worth considering as
a good powerplant for your boat.
Because CU is posturing for litigation against Suzuki, this is no

reason
to take sides, as you and CU suggest.

Peter

I don't grasp your point. We have an adversarial system of
litigation. One can either have no interest or adopt a position. It
seems that you have taken the side of Suzuki, in that you feel CU
rushed to hasty judgment. My point is that this isn't the first time
they have do so..... IMHO, resulting in the death of the Jeep
CJ...Thus, incurring financial harm, Jeep probably has a better case
than Suzuki.

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/

Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/directions.asp Where

Southport,NC is located.
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/autoupdater.htm Real Time

Pictures
at My Marina
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

Rec.boats
at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

CU said that the CJ could roll easier than a car. They are correct. All
the small jeeps rolled. Including my 43 Willy. Jeep lost a multimillion
dollar suit, locally (Oakland, Calif) a few years ago, when a guy and his
buddy rolled his CJ on a city street and the POS factory rollbar failed

and
paralyzed the guy for life. The Samurai made the CJ look like a sportscar
in regards to handling.