Dan Koretz

I don't know about NDK, but you are right on the mark about Impex. I was
not implying a quality problem. On the contrary, it is a very well made
boat, and the customer service, the only time I called, was great. I
don't think it is a big deal that a tiny hatch leak developed after some
years of use, and I would recommend Impex highly.

Brian Nystrom wrote the following on 9/14/2005 5:13 PM:
wrote:

Thats the important thing Dan.
I love my boat but it has issues and there are folks that think it is
trash.

If they were built by a company like Impex, they wouldn't be trash. ;-)

Sorry, I couldn't resist. As I've often said, NDK designs are excellent
and people buy them for their performance, despite their outrageous,
inexcusable quality problems. Now that P&H and Valley Sea Kayaks
(formerly VCP) have made substantial changes in their boats and
construction methods, NDK is left as the lone Brit' boat with
questionable quality, available in the US. I'd say it's "do or die" time
for NDK. Lip service and empty promises of quality improvements aren't
going to be enough anymore.