Butch Davis

Default Don't Rebuild NO Say 54%

Interesting that 54% of Americans polled say don't rebuild the flooded parts
of NO below sea level.

That makes good fiscal sense and good safety sense. Regardless of who is or
is not to blame for the progress of the life saving efforts in NO, I believe
everyone can agree that the effort was made incredibly more difficult by the
flooding. If NO had been affected by wind rather than by flood the rescue
efforts would have been vastly simplified.

I agree with the majority of Americans. Lets save the Quarter and the
hotels necessary to support the Quarter's tourist industry, but lets not
perpetuate the gross mistake of building a major city below sea level. It
would be unsafe and a horrible waste of the people's treasure.

Butch