Me

In article ,
"Mungo Bulge" wrote:

P.S. The reason I have all this reference material, is that the
Marconi is my "weapon of choice", you see I am a Road Warrior, one of
those sleazy WarDrivers who use laptops equipped with wireless
Ethernet cards and remote antennae to acquire internet access over
unsecured Wireless Access Points. My antenna is a quarter-wave Marconi
with a 30° counterpoise. I use 30° because unlike 45°, the 30°
slopping counterpoise gives a slight upward tilt to the radiation
pattern's maximum lob without affecting impedance that adversely. The
increase in effective radiated power more than cancels the loss due to
reflection and power transfer losses due to impedance mismatch.

You can Wardrive my Wifi Access Points anytime Mungo...... although
they are a bit far away from the civilized world......58N 135W or
therabouts....

Me