Some Guy

Default Questions about resorcinol (waterproof) glue (made by DAP/Weldwood)

I've got some 6x6 spruce fence posts that I'm applying finished planks
of 15/16" pine to cover the exposed part of the post (front, back, and
a little of the sides). I'm using a *few* brass screws to hold the
planks to the post, while a water-proof glue will bond the planks to
the post.

Seems that my 2 choices for glue is (a) an out-door version of Elmer's
Wood Glue, or (b) a 2-part resorcinol glue (DAP/Weldwood) that is
popular in marine applications.

I've read where the resorcinol has more specific needs (temperature,
humidity) which I have no problem with (this time of year)- but does
the wood need a high compressive pressure while curing? I can't apply
any such pressure in my case (planks are 10 ft long) so the only
holding pressure is going to come from a line of brass screws running
up the center of the plank every 2 feet.

Since the posts will be topped with a wide cap, I don't expect them to
have direct exposure to rain, but being hit by a water sprinkler
continuously for an hour at a time isin't out of the question.

Is bonding or clamping pressure critical for resorcinol?

Or do I have an alternative to Elmer's wood glue?

Who retails resorcinol in Ontario (Canada) ? Home Depot? Rona?