Don Freeman

"Peter" wrote in message
Tor Arne Benjaminsen wrote:

How do you fasten the kayak to the seat?

I just tie the bow line of the kayak to the seat rails. Note that this
simple arrangement only works if there's sufficient clearance between the
bow and the bike tire. The folding bike with 20" wheels shown in the
picture has plenty of clearance with most boats that have a bow line
attachment right at the front. But using my other bike with 700c wheels
it only works with my longer double kayak.

I've seen something similar where the cart was attached to the rear hub via
a bent bar that curved back to behind the wheel where it was attached to the
kayak.