Dionysus Feldman

Default Orange Flags (was Jetskier's)

-
In Missouri (and perhaps other states) an orange flag is to be displayed
anytime there is a person in the water with a given boat. This seems dumb
at first, but I can attest to the fact that a lot of times you don't see
that skier or tuber until you see that flag and look for them. I see the
orange flag policy trickling into Kansas also although it's not a law here.

df--

I remember in California we used a red or orange flag whenever the skier
was down, but as soon as the skiier was up the flag came down. That
wouldn't help a Jet skier notice a Towskier when he's going to jump a
wake.

About orange flags and skiing:
I didn't see any mention of it in the Michigan regulations, nor have I
noticed any skiers here using flags to indicate a sKiel down. I think
the flag's a good idea, but that's what I grew up with.