Kevin

Default Which Used Ski Boat?

Actually, the maxum is a v-drive -
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/0/50711350.htm

but I've since learned it's a bayliner owned line, so that's out of the
question.

I think the slalom use will dwindle, I'm the only one in the family who is a
serious skier, and, as with snowskiing to snowboarding, I'm transitioning my
feet apart and giving up the old school sport. The thing to keep in mind is
we're coming from a 19' boston whaler - too light, no straight tracking, and
underpowered for slalom, too light for wakeboarding - so ANYTHING inboard
will work better for both applications.

One approach we're considering is buying something in the $16K range and
then adding wakebaording goodies like the tower, plate and/or ballast.

Thanks again everyone for the discussion, it's helping, keep it up!

"Doug Meredith" wrote in message

"Kevin" wrote in message
Thanks Willy, that is some good straightforward advice. I was kind of

going
down that path towards a v-drive.

One boat available in my area that looks interesting is a MAXUM, but

it's
not one the common name brands, do they make a decent platform?

Maxum is an I/O. VERY hard to maintain wakeboard speed, and slalom
wakes stinks.

I see lots of people saying "V" drives????????? You said slalom expert
use. and wakeboard intermediate use. That puts you in the Malibu
Response LX class. Great slalom wake, and drop the wedge for the
wakeboard. Tons of them on boattrader.com for under $20K
http://www.boattraderonline.com/adse...chprocess.html