Da Chief

Default Electric motors and battery combinations...>>>

"Marty S." wrote in message
I'm looking for information about electric motors and the most efficient
battery combinations in terms of weight of adding a battery vs. the power
that going to 24volt might give me. I live in an area that doesn't allow
gas motors on its reservoirs; only electric motors, so I could only power

my
12' jon boat with electric. I'd like to match up the most efficient
combination of motor size, battery, and weight. I would like to know if I
get longer run time and/or more power with a 50lb 12volt motor or a

similar
sized 24volt motor? Or, would I get a better weight-power-endurance
combination getting a 36volt, 100+ lb motor??

Also, would I get more run time from 2 batteries (1 to run, and one as a
spare, i.e., "refuel") with a 12volt motor, or 2 batteries running
simultaneously on a 24volt motor?

questions, questions, questions...

--
Marty S.
Baltimore, MD USA

The responses you're getting are on target and informative. I would suggest
you look for a website for electric only "jon boat" tournaments. You may
very well find some detailed info or a person willing to show what their
group does. Some of those guys put a lot of thought into their systems and
many are just amazing.
--
Shelby Foles,