Alberto \(Tilax\)

Default Bluetooth comunications in a boat

I'd like to buy a bluetooth GPS receiver, uno of those small boxes without
any button or display that can be use along with a notebook PC.
I can immagine two positioning situations:
- the bluetooth receiver is 'downstairs' (sorry, don't know the correct
english term). Just to immagine the situation, consider I usually sail with
several boats, all of them about 40 feet in LOA. If the receiver is
'downstairs' (without any other antenna) it is still able to get the
satellites' signal?
- the bluetooth receiver is 'upstairs' (I can immagine in my pocket of fixed
somewhere with a piece of tape). In this case the data transmitted with
bluetooth can reach my PC 'downstairs'? I know bluetooth has a range of
about 10 metres but I cannot figure out if the bout itself could make some
sort of shield.

Thanks to all.
Sorry for my english.

Alberto.-