Short Wave Sportfishing

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 14:44:29 -0500, JohnH
wrote:

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:37:22 -0500, thunder
wrote:

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 17:16:07 +0000, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

Anyway, to head off a huge name calling response, I do not believe that
gay marriage is the end of the world as we know it. I would prefer that
the term be reserved for those who can propagate the species, but that's
not completely necessary. I do believe that those who are part of the
gay/lesbian community are entitled to some sort of civil recognition as in
civil unions, but I'm not wedded to it.

What I find interesting, the term "gay marriage" makes a difference. Use
the term "civil union" or "domestic partnership" and the issue isn't
nearly as divisive.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...il-union_x.htm

I thought the whole damn thing revolved around the word 'marriage'.
With all this fighting about what to call the 'union' of gays or
lesbians, imagine the fighting that will happen over what we call the
'disunion' of gays and lesbians. They sure as hell better not call it
'divorce' ! That word should be reserved only for a man and a woman.

Not another discussion around the discussion discussing the original
discussion that went off-topic eight discussions ago!!!!!!!

All the best,

Tom

"What the hell's the deal with this newsgroup...
is there a computer terminal in the day room of
some looney bin somewhere?"

Bilgeman - circa 2004