katysails

Default Yacht Clubs--a mistake

Ed asked:
In your yacht club, how much does it cost a year, and how
do you get into it?

You have to have a sponsor to vouch for you. Our initiation fee was $350.00
(they had a sale) and a year's membership is 550.00. Storage and slips are
well below the price of any marina within 150 miles. Most of the membership
sails and there is a huge ASA program for kids...Butterfly fleet, JY16
fleet, Opti fleet, Melges 24's and J 24 fleet. Haven't seen too much of the
"rich" around...mist people are middle class family types...I'm sure there
must be a rich eprson or two, but they hide it well...or maybe they're just
couth. What is your definition of "rich"?
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse