Donal

Default And ???????

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message
BTW, there was a news report here last night. As you might know, we've

had a
record deep freeze for the last several weeks. A 55 foot wooden fishing

boat
decided this was a good time for fishing, so they left Sandwich Harbor on

the
Cape Cod Canal, transited the canal which was kept open by ice breakers,

but
apparently got holed by ice as they exited the canal. Their engine died,

and
they ended up aground on Hog Neck.

Rescue was problematical - the large boat couldn't get close, the small

boast
didn't want to leave harbor, an attempt by foot failed. Finally a

helicopter
was brought it to lift off the crew, providing good footage for the

evening
news.

The final line of the news report was "A Canal official said, 'They had no
business being out there.' "

-jeff

A couple of years ago, an eccentric gentleman hit the headlines here.

He was determined to go sailing in a home made boat - and he used a road map
instead of charts.

His story hit the national(and boating) press, after 19 rescues by the RNLI.

Many people called for regulations. My opinion was that the sea should be
free for everybody.

The people said that we shouldn't fund such incompetence. *I* said that if
we want to enjoy freedom at sea, then we must tolerate the occasional idiot.
The people said that he was costing us too much. *I* said that freedom does
have a small price.

Fortunately, the people recognised that the freedom of the sea is fairly
important.

Regards

Donal