Jeff Morris

Default Flying TVs at Sea!!!!

Like I said, if this is your annual vacation, you probably want to "vacate." If
this is your life, you might want to watch the morning weather and news. The TV
I'm watching now I bought from a liveaboard who needed a different model to fit
with a VCR in a locker.

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In my experience, it's exploring the destination, not sitting on the hook,
and especially not watching the Crying Game, as boober would do.

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message
So what happens to these "long distance cruisers" when they arrive at

their
destination? When they sight land do they turn around and head back, like

the
Flying Dutchman? Most Long Distance Cruisers are coastal cruisers that,

on
occasion, make long passages.

"John Cairns" wrote in message
Hell, Jon, if Boob had done ANY long distance blue water sailing he

would
realize two very important facts. 1. When you're underway, there is very
little extra time for leisure activities like watching movies. Think of

how
much time is available on a typical off-watch. 2. When you arrive at

your
destination, there are usually more interesting or important things to

do
than sit around watching movies. I think Boob has some strange ideas

about
what life at SEA is about, these ideas have been reinforced by the crap

he's
seen at boat shows. About the only statement he made that had any basis

in
reality was:
"Now I'm no long range cruiser"
I would add, he's no short distance cruiser either.
John Cairns

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
No. We've suggested that you're the idiot. YOU WIN!

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
It's been suggested by a few idiots that a TV had now place on a

modern
crusing
boat. Now I'm no long range cruiser, but facts are facts!

Have you ever heard of lots of unnecessary crap... apparently you like

it.

Space: Have you guys ever heard of "flat screen TV?" Uses little

power
and
takes up even less space.
Safety: A properly mounted TV won't fly around in bad weather or a
knockdown.

So now you have a TV and a laptop. Wow, you're a pretty busy guy down
below
there. How about doing some sailing.

Power: Many long distance cruisers now carry nice laptops in

addition to
the
standard charts. These laptops can treat the cruiser to a movie now

and
again
with almost no power penalty.

The fact is that you're a no-brainer and you can entertain yourself.

The fact is that TV has become a no-brainer for easy entertainment

on
many
cruising boat, espcially in recent years with flat panel displays.
Anyone
who
says otherwise is living in the past and hasn't read websites

showing
today's
cruisers and what they carry. Books, music? Of course! But a TV can

be a
great
treat for those aboard and doesn't need to stay home anymore.

Wake up, get out of your apartment, and do some serious sailing. Then,

get
back
to us (or not).

Wake up and smell the 80's, kids. They've ended...long ago!

Bwahahahahaha!

RB