Doug Kanter

Default Recommendations for a boat/car GPS

You might want to post this at rec.backcountry, too. Since I'm not in the
market for a GPS, I'm not well versed in them, but last week, there were
quite a few discussions at the other NG. It's populated by hikers and they
seem to have a lot to say about the map capabilities of various units.

"Ignoramus13873" wrote in message
My old trusty Magellan 320 gps can no longer acquire any satellites.

So I am looking for a new GPS. I want to buy something that has both
marine features (navaids, bearings, MOB etc etc) as well as car
navigation features (preferably downloadable maps), laptop connection
capability etc. And I want it to be under $300. Is that realistic and
if so, what are my alternatives?

thanks