Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline

Default Sacrificial Anode

On 1/29/19 10:47 PM, wrote:

On 30 Jan 2019 02:39:44 GMT, Keyser Soze wrote:

wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jan 2019 13:02:09 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/29/2019 11:09 AM, John H. wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jan 2019 11:07:06 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 1/29/2019 11:02 AM, John H. wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 16:41:00 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 1/28/2019 4:18 PM, John H. wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 15:50:38 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 1/28/2019 3:36 PM, John H. wrote:
Here's a picture of my old one alongside a new one:

http://funkyimg.com/i/2QHdU.jpg

Luddite - the new ones have joints so they can bend to go in. The
old one probably won't have a
clearance problem!

Thanks, Don, for mentioning that!

I'd say the old one did it's job.

Yeah, after about 26 years there's still no leak!

This is the first electric water heater for us in a while.
Last one was heated as a zone running from the oil burner.
It worked well but it always bugged me when the oil burner
ran all summer.

Those electrics have anodes also. Took an impact wrench to get my old one out.

To the best of my knowledge the only water heaters with anodes *are*
electric.

The picture above is the one from my gas water heater.

Son of a gun. Yep, gas ones have an anode also.
I read that some of the newer tanks have plastic
liners in them and don't require an anode.

If anyone else is interested in this fascinating
subject, here's an image of both an electric
type and a gas type with all their parts identified:

http://funkyimg.com/i/2QJVQ.jpg

Mine is a little different at the top...

https://flic.kr/p/QHJgQk

Why all of that steam punk piping if the house is CPVC?

Dunno...the previous heater was copper to plastique, too. I didn’t ask.

Union job. Unnecessary expense, parts and labor, for no particular
reason. I suppose the cosmetics appeal to you and that is all that
matters.
I suppose you don't want to hear about the NEC 300.4(A)(1) violation.

(SNERK) Stick to your area of expertise, whatever that might be. I
wouldn't have hired you to help carry the new water heater into the
basement utility room. The contractor we used is experienced, licensed,
insured, has a fixed address, a long history, and guarantees its work.
We weren't installed a tiki bar.