adam

Default help me find a river

Ok, I should have been more specific. We will probably be a between
five and
ten people, All of us have been going on 3 1/2 week canoe trips for
the past four years. We are now too old,(17-19) and although we all
feel comfortable in the wilderness, We have never planned trips on our
own. and of course, not having a good plan invites disaster. We will
be renting canoes, most of us have our own paddles and pfd's. We will
also be renting either water proof barrels, or wanagons. We all have
our own personal gear, packs, dry bags, tents, cook-kits etc...We are
looking for something with reasonably challenging white water, (
canoes, probably no spray skirts). Within reasonable hiking distance
of help, and not too congested with people. We are looking on the East
coast, prefferably the north east. Transportation is not a major issue
yet, as we havent finalized our group. All of these factors have some
flexibilty. I will have Taken my WFR course in may, And all of us know
basic first aid. We all practice Leave No Trace. Basically I made this
post, because I want to continue to canoe through the wilderness, But
I dont know where To look. So If you could tell me, even just How to
find a good stretch of river
If you need more Info just let me know bby post or email
thanks for responding. - adam