Raymarine C70 Display Problem

Old June 9th 08, 08:51 PM posted to rec.boats

Default Raymarine C70 Display Problem

I have an almost 2 year old Raymarine C70 Multifunction Display that
has worked great up until yesterday. I powered on the unit and the
display showed vertical black and white lines. I cycled it a number
of times with the same result. Has anyone experienced a problem
similar to mine with there C70 MFD?
Old June 9th 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.boats
JR North

Post to S.E.R. Does it do this with the chart card out, or in? or both?
Disconnect all inputs except the power plug, and retry. There should
also be a reboot key sequence, or holding down cetrtain keys on power
up. Check the manual foe these.
JR

wrote:

I have an almost 2 year old Raymarine C70 Multifunction Display that
has worked great up until yesterday. I powered on the unit and the
display showed vertical black and white lines. I cycled it a number
of times with the same result. Has anyone experienced a problem
similar to mine with there C70 MFD?

Home Page:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth
Old June 9th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.boats

wrote:
I have an almost 2 year old Raymarine C70 Multifunction Display that
has worked great up until yesterday. I powered on the unit and the
display showed vertical black and white lines. *I cycled it a number
of times with the same result. Has anyone experienced a problem
similar to mine with there C70 MFD?

* * * * Home Page:http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth

Thanks JR. I didn't have any of my manuals with me yesterday so I am
gathering any suggestions, Raymarine troubleshooting procedures etc..
I'm going to drop the panel and check all the connections to see if I
have a loose ground or similar type of problem. Thanks for the tips,
I'll be looking at those items this weekend.

Jim
Old June 9th 08, 09:45 PM posted to rec.boats
HK

wrote:
I have an almost 2 year old Raymarine C70 Multifunction Display that
has worked great up until yesterday. I powered on the unit and the
display showed vertical black and white lines. I cycled it a number
of times with the same result. Has anyone experienced a problem
similar to mine with there C70 MFD?

Home Page:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth

Thanks JR. I didn't have any of my manuals with me yesterday so I am
gathering any suggestions, Raymarine troubleshooting procedures etc..
I'm going to drop the panel and check all the connections to see if I
have a loose ground or similar type of problem. Thanks for the tips,
I'll be looking at those items this weekend.

Jim

Give Raymarine a call. Good tech support, and their techs are in the
United States and speak English.
Old June 9th 08, 10:02 PM posted to rec.boats
JimH[_2_]

wrote:
I have an almost 2 year old Raymarine C70 Multifunction Display that
has worked great up until yesterday. I powered on the unit and the
display showed vertical black and white lines. I cycled it a number
of times with the same result. Has anyone experienced a problem
similar to mine with there C70 MFD?
Home Page:http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth

Thanks JR. I didn't have any of my manuals with me yesterday so I am
gathering any suggestions, Raymarine troubleshooting procedures etc..
I'm going to drop the panel and check all the connections to see if I
have a loose ground or similar type of problem. Thanks for the tips,
I'll be looking at those items this weekend.

Jim

Give Raymarine a call. Good tech support, and their techs are in the
United States and speak English.

Good advice! I never had a problem with Raymarine tech service.
Old June 9th 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.boats
Eat Me, Trolls

On Jun 9, 3:51*pm, wrote:
I have an almost 2 year old Raymarine C70 Multifunction Display that
has worked great up until yesterday. I powered on the unit and the
display showed vertical black and white lines. *I cycled it a number
of times with the same result. Has anyone experienced a problem
similar to mine with there C70 MFD?

Nice try...COWARD. Your Wife know how yellow you are?

Same isp number...Loogy
Old June 10th 08, 05:37 PM posted to rec.boats
JR North

That's no guarantee.
JR

Old June 10th 08, 05:43 PM posted to rec.boats
HK

JR North wrote:

That's no guarantee.
JR

HK wrote:

and their techs are in the
United States and speak English.

I've called twice and got a couple of dudes in New England who spoke
English as she is supposed to be spoke.