American tallship The Eagle- !!!index-001.JPG (1/1)

Old May 20th 08, 11:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.tall-ships
Bouler

Default American tallship The Eagle- !!!index-001.JPG (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	 !!!index-001.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	5483
Old May 21st 08, 02:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.tall-ships
Bill[_7_]

In article ,
(Bouler) wrote:

begin 644 !!!index-001.JPG
[Image]

end

Great pictures! Shows how well outfitted the ship is.

What is the mountain in the background of your index?

--
Bill Collins
For email, change "fake" to "earthlink"
Old May 21st 08, 09:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.tall-ships
Bouler

"Bill" schreef in bericht

end

Great pictures! Shows how well outfitted the ship is.

What is the mountain in the background of your index?

I don't know, I thought it was a nice picture for the background.
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)

Old May 21st 08, 12:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.tall-ships
joevan[_2_]

On Wed, 21 May 2008 10:54:09 +0200, "Bouler"
wrote:

"Bill" schreef in bericht

end

Great pictures! Shows how well outfitted the ship is.

What is the mountain in the background of your index?

I don't know, I thought it was a nice picture for the background.

Could it be the Materhorn, sure looks like it.
Old May 21st 08, 05:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.tall-ships
Bouler

"joevan" schreef in bericht

Great pictures! Shows how well outfitted the ship is.

What is the mountain in the background of your index?

I don't know, I thought it was a nice picture for the background.

Could it be the Materhorn, sure looks like it.

I think you're right joevan, here is the Matterhorn.
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Matterhorn-SouthSide-viewedFromSkiRegionBreuilCervinia.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	664.1 KB
ID:	5503
Old May 22nd 08, 04:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.tall-ships
Bill[_7_]

In article ,
"Bouler" wrote:

"joevan" schreef in bericht

Great pictures! Shows how well outfitted the ship is.

What is the mountain in the background of your index?

I don't know, I thought it was a nice picture for the background.

Could it be the Materhorn, sure looks like it.

I think you're right joevan, here is the Matterhorn.

I don't think it is the same shape. The mountain in Bouler's background
has more of a shoulder below the peak, and has some jagged secondary
peaks lower down that are not evident in the Matterhorn picture.

There are several alpine peaks that are of that general shape, but they
differ in detail.

At first I thought it might be the Meije, which is in the Ecrins Massif
of the Hautes Alpes in France, but I don't think it is.

Of course it all depends on the direction from which you are looking.
The appearance of any mountain changes greatly from one side to another.

Anyway, it's a beautiful picture of a great mountain, regardless of its
name.

Old May 22nd 08, 04:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.tall-ships
Bill[_7_]

In article
,
Bill wrote:

In article ,
"Bouler" wrote:

"joevan" schreef in bericht

[...]

Here's a link to La Meige, with a good pictu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Meije

Other sites related to La Grave / La Meige talk about extreme skiing at
the place. My daughter and her husband ski La Meige for 4 months every
winter. He has been doing that for 20 years. They are still alive to
tell about it.