Removing Starter on a Mercruiser 4.3L V-6

Old June 5th 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.boats

Default Removing Starter on a Mercruiser 4.3L V-6

Anybody have any tricks for removing the starter bolts on a Mercruiser
I/O 4.3 L V-6. There is very limited space and one of the starter
bolts is directly up against the flange. I need some type of tool or
combination of tools that I can use to get leverage on the bolts to get
them out. So far all I have been able to get in there is a stubby open
end wrench or a small ratchet, but I can't get enough torque on it to
reomve the old bolts. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Starter removal on 1997 3.0L Volvo Penta GM kuhlhand General 4 June 6th 06 03:27 PM
Transom anodic bolt replacement Mercruiser Alpha [email protected] Boat Building 0 June 2nd 06 05:59 PM
I/O Starter removal Ron General 4 June 2nd 06 04:12 PM
I/O Starter removal rr General 0 May 29th 06 06:15 PM
Mercruiser Chevy starter: unusual diagnosis and repair Richard J Kinch General 2 March 28th 06 08:53 PM