Vintage Sea King 3 1/2 hp Air-cooled

Old May 6th 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.boats

Default Vintage Sea King 3 1/2 hp Air-cooled

Mys Terry wrote:
On Fri, 5 May 2006 18:29:38 -0500, (VIKE) wrote:

I have this outboard and I have no idea how old it is. The number on the
Owners Manual and parts lists is XTV-28923A. I bought it from an older
person and he said it has only been run twice and it is in excellent
condition. Can anyone tell me the age. Roy

1963 to 1965.

It's probably not air cooled if it's this old, these were West Bend
motors labeled for Montgomery Wards.

If it's air cooled, it would be a later Eska or Clinton built motor.

Rob
Old May 6th 06, 07:44 PM posted to rec.boats

Thanks so much for the information. On the Original owners Manual it
says Air Cooled . Like I said it has only been used twice. How much do
you think its worth? Thanks Roy

Old May 6th 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.boats

VIKE wrote:

Thanks so much for the information. On the Original owners Manual it
says Air Cooled . Like I said it has only been used twice. How much do
you think its worth? Thanks Roy

There aren't enough of them sold to establish a reliable price. Check
eBay, but $75-$150 for obsolete equipment of this genre is about it. It
might make a nice kicker for a canoe or small jon boat until it breaks
down, then maybe it's a display or mantle piece.

If you can identify the powerhead(usually a Tecumseh AV-520), you may be
able to get parts for the motor. Keep the gears lubed, too. Check the
manual, as there may still be a water pump/impeller, even air cooled
outboards often had water cooled exhaust legs.

Rob
Old May 7th 06, 08:58 AM posted to rec.boats

Thanks a lot, for the great information I sure appreciate it, you were a
lot of help. Thanks, Roy

Vintage Sea King 3 1/2 hp Air-cooled VIKE General 0 May 6th 06 02:41 AM
Canoeing kayak vintage manual FA JaneyP General 0 April 8th 06 01:23 AM
Bruce King Bart Senior ASA 1 February 25th 06 12:35 AM
Yo - Don White and Doug King... DSK General 0 October 18th 05 12:03 AM
The big headed Burger King RG General 0 October 6th 05 02:36 AM