What do you say at a Sailors funeral?

Old November 14th 05, 03:25 PM
Joe

Default What do you say at a Sailors funeral?

Last night while watching " They were expendable "starring J Wayne.
One of his men was killed, and John last respects was "Home is the
sailor Home from the sea" .

UNDER the wide and starry sky
Dig the grave and let me lie:
Glad did I live and gladly die,
And I laid me down with a will.

This be the verse you 'grave for me:

Here he lies where he long'd to be;
Home is the sailor, home from the sea,
And the hunter home from the hill.

RLS

Seems always hard to find fitting words for a sailors eulegy.

Know any better?

Joe

Old November 14th 05, 06:40 PM
Capt. JG

To paraphrase a drinking toast... To wives and girlfriends. I don't give a
damn if they meet.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

oups.com...

Old November 15th 05, 08:54 AM
JR

Crossing the Bar

Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Sunset and evening star,
And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
When I put out to sea,
But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
Turns again home.

Twilight and evening bell,
And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
When I embark;
For tho' from out our bourne of Time and Place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have crost the bar.

"Eliminate annoying spam!
My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."

http://www.ihatespam.net

oups.com...

Old November 15th 05, 01:09 PM
Scotty

Saw a show about the Edmund Fitzgerald. Really sad when they
ring the bell.

For whom the bell tolls
Scotty

Old November 15th 05, 01:15 PM
Capt. Rob

You guys!!!

Find the widow and then...

"Who's getting his sailing gear? I think he'd want me to have it."

RB
35s5
NY

Old November 15th 05, 04:52 PM
Capt. JG

Just take it and leave a nice note.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

oups.com...

Old November 15th 05, 05:02 PM
Joe

"For whom the bell tolls" is a call to war Scotty.

Never send to know
for whom the bell tolls

For the bell tones for thee.

Ernest Hemmingway