Mac

Default 30' Fortune Cutter

Interested in any information on 30' Fortune Cutter built on the west coast Vancouver B.C. Canada ?? Fiberglass construction. I have come across a few in the last few years in Vancouver, was wandering if there were many of these built and any other info.

Evan Gatehouse / Diane Selkirk

"Mac" wrote in message
Interested in any information on 30' Fortune Cutter built on the west coast
Vancouver B.C. Canada ?? Fiberglass construction. I have come across a few
in the last few years in Vancouver, was wandering if there were many of
these built and any other info.

We owned one from 1994-2002, living aboard and cruising for those 8 years.

I think there were upwards of 60 built. Many were home finished. Sturdy
construction, tons of storage. Not a rocket ship in light winds but could
be coaxed to sail if you put enough sail area on them. Faster than a
Vancouver 27 or a Westsail 28 when similarly loaded for cruising. Tacking
angle is 100 degrees with a decent genoa. Comfortable motion at sea due to
the heavy displacement. Rolled a lot at anchor without a flopper stopper.

We sailed ours from Vancouver down to Mexico, through the Canal into the NW
Caribbean and up the US East Coast. I know of others that made it to New
Zealand and one that spent time in the Med.

In summary they are sturdy little offshore boats that would suit a
singlehander or couple on a budget. Two are for sale in Vancouver right now
for 25-28K $CDN right now.

Contact me privately if you want more information.

--
Evan Gatehouse
ceilydh **at** 3web **dot** net