you idiot

you are
too ****ing stupid,,,

you starve,, that is because
you haven't a skill set or a talent that is in demand,

like you morons,,,

Ok,,, go ahead,, fling your mud,,, call the names,, what hurts you
morons is
the facts,,,

***

That's interesting. Those who fling mud, call names and blather on
without facts are morons?
Guess what- you're screwed up in a major way if you hope to imagine
that your insults are based on any sort of fact.

I'm not a union member. Was once, briefly, 30 years ago. I certainly
don't starve, don't work for the annual sum you imagine I earn (last
made that kind of money about 25 years ago and now do substantially
better). I have skills that are in demand and pay me extremely well,
I'm far from 78 years old, I don't hate Asians,.....and I could go on
and on.
Care to be absolutely wrong in any more characterizations, or have you
put your foot in your mouth far enough for one day?

Eisboch

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Hey, Chuck,

I don't know if you are aware that when you post (apparently from an AOL
account) my newsreader does not apply any kind of markings, lines or
indicators to delineate a referenced prior post as a quoted section. The
result is, at first glance, that the entire post originated from you. The
post above is a good example. When first opened, it appeared that the
quoted portion was authored by you, when it obviously came from one of the
current NG fruitcakes. Note the wrote in message " at
the top, that then leads directly to the fruitcake's prior post.

Eisboch

Bert Robbins

"Don White" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

Hehehe. You think organized crime was in it to help the little guy?
Organized crime got involved with labor unions for two reasons: 1) so

they
could get their hands on the millions in union money, and 2) so they
could
use the unions to strong-arm corrupt politicians into giving their front
companies (construction, waste disposal, etc) lucrative no-bid contracts.

snip

I understand organized crime's motives. I'm just saying that when you
oppress a group of people long enough, they sometimes resort to desperate
means.

So, when are you Canadians going to rise up and throw off the shackles of
oppressive taxes. Oops, you don't own guns, you are screwed.

JohnH

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 02:51:36 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

Ditto. I was wondering about you while reading that last post, Chuck.
I thought we had a new Tuuk, basskisser, or Harry on our hands.

In Agent, if that's what you're using, the changes to how quoted
portions are treated is under Options, Posting Preferences.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
NOYB

"Don White" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Unfortunately, that effort did not succeed, and conditions have gotten
worse for them since. The corporations simply fired everyone, knowing
that the NLRB during the Bush misAdministration wouldn't uphold labor
law.

snip

That's really bad news.......and people wonder why some early unions were
forced to deal with organized crime. When you have both the employer and
gov't against you, an an indifferent public, you accept whatever helping
hand is offered.

"Helping hand" you say?
Lawsuit says corruption rampant in Jersey union
No-show jobs, nepotism, mob ties cited
Thursday, January 13, 2005
BY TED SHERMAN
Star-Ledger Staff
Some of the highest-paying jobs at Local 734 of the Laborers' International
Union of North America -- which represents thousands of workers in New
Jersey and Pennsylvania -- had little to do with digging ditches.

There was the wife of one former union official, who was hired after her
husband was convicted on federal labor law violations for attempting to
create a no-show job. She received $111,799 to come in twice a week to
listen to voice mail messages from members with benefits questions,
according to court records.

Then there was the accountant who paid his mother-in-law $650 a week for
part-time work as a bookkeeper while charging the local's pension and
welfare funds $182,000 a year for her services, an independent hearing
officer concluded.

And the business partner of another former official who was hired as the
office manager of a satellite office at the Jersey Shore and paid $123,500
to supervise two people.

The Laborers' union now is seeking a federal investigation into the New
Jersey local, claiming that members were defrauded of more than $2 million
in a scheme that saw the hiring of relatives and business cronies to perform
"non-essential, part-time and ruse jobs at grossly excessive salaries."

Trustees for the Washington, D.C.-based union -- who are seeking damages
from current and former officials, and want to remove the leadership of the
local -- also alleged that some officials of the local who controlled
millions in funds had ties to organized crime.

The Laborers' union, with more than 850,000 members across the United States
and Canada, represents mostly building or highway construction workers, but
its members also work in public employment, environmental remediation,
health care, food service and custodial services. Local 734, with business
offices in Rochelle Park, has 3,500 members in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.

In a lawsuit filed last week in U.S. District Court in Newark, the trustees
said Local 734 was riddled with no-show jobs and ill-defined, overpaid
positions -- many of them connected to former executive board member August
"Auggie" Vergalito, who left the local after he pleaded guilty in 1997 to
unlawfully concealing payments he made from the welfare and educational
fund.

Among those who benefited included his wife, a daughter, three sons-in-law,
a former son-in-law and two business associates, the lawsuit claimed.

Attorneys for some of the Local 734 officials named in the complaint
yesterday denied there were abuses within the pension and welfare funds.

"They are asserting that the funds hired people who were really not
essential, and paid them too much. We are asserting they all had a
particular function with the fund, and were paid a higher salary to keep
them," said David Grossman, an attorney for Peter Rizzo, the local's funds
administrator.

Grossman said the union's trustees were trying to take over the two funds,
which total more than $100 million, and merge them with other funds that are
not doing so well.

"That's what it's all about. It's a money grab," Grossman said.

Vincent M. Giblin, an attorney for the trustees, however, said it was all
about fraud. He said it was inconceivable that the officials of the local
did not know that inflated salaries were going to nonessential jobs.

"Nepotism is not a license to commit fraud," Giblin said.

In New Jersey, an independent hearing officer for the union, Peter F. Vaira,
the former U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, concluded
that most of the jobs held by Vergalito's family and friends were of little
value to the union's operation. He called it a scheme to defraud the funds
and Local 734.

For example, he noted that Jamie Dolan -- a daughter of Vergalito who was
married to Edward Dolan, a Local 734 official -- was hired as a confidential
officer for the local after her husband was convicted in 1995 on federal
embezzlement charges.

Jamie Dolan's job required her to be on call from Friday through Monday, and
listen to voice mail messages from members trying to resolve benefits
questions.

"In reality, she came into the office and took the messages off the voice
mail two days a week," Vaira found. In 2003, she responded to 109 calls --
earning a salary of $111,799.

"This averages to approximately two calls per week, at approximately $1,000
a call," Vaira said in his findings, which were filed with the federal
lawsuit.

According to Vaira, Vergalito's wife, Rhoda, was employed as a Local 734
confidential officer to replace her husband when he was forced to leave,
initially for a salary of $1,000 a week to work from 5:30 p.m. to midnight
Tuesday through Friday.

Vaira also cited the hiring of Isaac Barocus, a business partner of
Vergalito in a taxi and limousine service, to become the office manager of a
satellite office in Brick.

"Barocus was paid $123,500 to oversee two other persons whose duties were at
best minimal," Vaira said.

Two other women were employed as clerks for 10 hours a week at $47 per hour.

According to Vaira's finding, "grossly excessive salaries for nonessential
or part-time jobs" resulted in the local's welfare pension fund spending 40
cents of every dollar for administrative costs. The normal administrative
costs are between 7 percent and 10 percent, he said.

The hearing officer also raised questions about the local's connections to
organized crime. According to Vaira, Vergalito was observed by an FBI
surveillance team entering the Soho Grand Hotel in New York about the same
time as Dominick Cirillo, identified then as the acting boss of the Genovese
crime family. He said Vergalito was seen at the hotel on at least 13
separate occasions in 1999 -- often on Wednesdays -- and was seen in the
company of Cirillo at the hotel bar at least once.

"The facts disclosed in this record are a disgrace to the labor movement,"
said Vaira, who ordered his findings forwarded to the FBI and U.S. attorney
for New Jersey.

But Angelo R. Bisceglie Jr., another attorney representing Local 734
officials, said the trustees' case will be refuted when his clients get to
make their case in U.S. District Court next month.

"We're looking forward to the court hearing. That's when it will all come
out," he said.

Attached Images
File Type: gif spacer.gif (43 Bytes, 28 views)

Thursday, January 13, 2005
BY TED SHERMAN
Star-Ledger Staff
Some of the highest-paying jobs at Local 734 of the Laborers'
International Union of North America -- which represents thousands of
workers in New Jersey and Pennsylvania -- had little to do with digging
ditches.

Now, that's a stupid lead. Very few LIUNA jobs these days have anything to
do with digging ditches.

There was the wife of one former union official, who was hired after her
husband was convicted on federal labor law violations for attempting to
create a no-show job. She received $111,799 to come in twice a week to
listen to voice mail messages from members with benefits questions,
according to court records.

She needs to be prosecuted and if convicted, sent to jail.

The Laborers' union now is seeking a federal investigation into the New
Jersey local, claiming that members were defrauded of more than $2
million in a scheme that saw the hiring of relatives and business cronies
to perform "non-essential, part-time and ruse jobs at grossly excessive
salaries."

That's the appropriate response by an International and usually what
happens.

And, despite the fact that some officials of that local were corrupt and
were removed, there are thousands of corrupt corporate execs in NJ
fleecing the public.

You might want to look more closely at the bill you get from your dentist:

The Office of the Inspector General (OIG) of the Department of Defense
(DoD) announced today that on July 17, 2002, Ralph J. Sharow, a Freehold,
NJ, dentist, was sentenced in U.S. District Court, Newark, NJ, to 27
months in prison and 3 years probation on each count, to run concurrently;
restitution of $264,363.90; and a special assessment fee of $200. The
sentence was handed down by U.S. District Court Judge William H. Walls.
This sentence is the result of a guilty plea that Sharow entered on
January 16, 2002. Sharow pled guilty to a two-count criminal information
charging him with one count of health care fraud and one count of income
tax evasion.

An investigation revealed that from as early as 1994, Sharow, who operates
a dental practice at 1 Stonehurst Boulevard, Freehold, NJ, defrauded the
DoD insurance program known as TRICARE and private dental insurance
programs out of approximately $200,000 by billing for services that he did
not provide. The TRICARE loss alone totaled approximately $20,000.
Furthermore, for the years of 1995, 1996, and 1997 combined, Sharow evaded
$392,998 in federal income tax by submitting false tax returns to the
Internal Revenue Service (IRS). In the 3 years combined, Sharow
underreported his income by $915,648.
January 2002

On January 16, 2002, Ralph J. Sharow, DDS, a Freehold, NJ dentist, pled
guilty, in U.S. District Court, Newark, NJ to one-charge of both health
care fraud and income tax evasion. According to a report from Defense
Criminal Investigative Service (DCIS), Dr. Sharow filed fraudulent claims
with various dental insurance programs, defrauding these programs out of
approximately $200,000 by billing for services not rendered. Among the
dental insurance programs defrauded were the TRICARE Family Member Dental
Program (TFMDP), administered internationally by United Concordia for the
Department of Defense (DoD). The TFMDP has been replaced by the TRICARE
Dental Program (TDP), also administered by United Concordia, providing
dental benefits to dependents of active duty uniformed services personnel,
including Reservists and their families.

Dr. Sharow first came to the attention of United Concordia's Special
Investigations Unit (SIU) as a result of a complaint from one of his
patients. The subsequent investigation revealed that, as early as 1994,
Dr. Sharow defrauded the TRICARE and commercial dental insurance programs,
while evading more than $390,000 in federal income taxes by submitting
false tax returns to the Internal Revenue Services (IRS). Initially, based
on fraud allegations received by DCIS from SIU, the investigation revealed
that Dr. Sharow routinely billed United Concordia and other insurers for
dental procedures, primarily composite restorations and sealants, which he
never performed.

On April 29, 2002, Dr. Sharow is scheduled to be sentenced. He faces up to
ten years in prison and a $250,000 fine on the health care fraud count and
a maximum of five years in prison and a $100,000 fine on the income tax
evasion count.

On June 1, 2001, James Paul Kalhorn, D.D.S., was sentenced in Federal
District Court, Denver, CO, to 2 years probation and ordered to pay
$25,000 in restitution and a $5,000 fine. On February 15, 2001, Kalhorn
pled guilty to a one-count information charging him with making or causing
to be made a false statement or representation involving a Federal Health
Care program. A previous indictment was dismissed upon Kalhorn's plea to
the indictment.

The investigation was conducted jointly by the Defense Criminal
Investigative Service (DCIS), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
and with the assistance of United Concordia's Special Investigation's Unit
(SIU). The prosecution was handled by the United States Attorney's Office,
District of Colorado.

On February 15, 2001, James Paul Kalhorn, D.D.S., plead guilty to making
or causing to be made a false statement or representations involving a
Federal health care program. A previous indictment was dismissed upon
Kalhorn's plea. Between January 1996 and December 1999, Kalhorn submitted
numerous claims to TRICARE's contracted dental carrier, United Concordia
Companies, Inc., Great-West Life, and Delta Dental for periodontal scaling
and root planing that according to medical reviews, were not necessary.
The procedure is performed and billed in segments of the mouth, or
quadrants. Kalhorn submitted claims for quadrants of root planing and
scaling for dates of service when patients were not present. Kalhorn also
submitted claims for periodontal pocket depth charts for scaling and root
planing that contained measurements, patients said were not performed by
Kalhorn.

In June 1998, a Fairfield, California dentist plead guilty to a felony
health care fraud and paid over a half-million dollars to settle federal
civil charges. United Concordia during a routine review of utilization
statistics, detected billing irregularities that ultimately led to federal
prosecution. The case was one of the first in the nation to be prosecuted
under the Kennedy-Kassenbaum federal health care statute.

Who knows what we'll be reading about Naples, Florida, dentists, eh?

Touche. ;-)

But I don't bill insurance companies. I bill the patients...and those who
have insurance (less than 40% of my patients) then submit a claim to the
insurance company for reimbursement.

Thursday, January 13, 2005
BY TED SHERMAN
[...]

And though I tease you about it (and you deserve being teased), I don't
for a moment think you are anything other than a upstanding medical
practitioner. The fact that you weren't bright enough to get a degree in
English and had to settle for a medical degree shouldn't be held against
you.

I've been involved in the labor union movement for a long, long time. I
knew Jimmy Hoffa in Detroit because of politics, not because of any work,
though. I also knew Roy Williams from my days at the KC Star, and Jackie
Presser because when he was the exec running communications at the IBT, he
tried to recruit me to handle the marketing, advertising and PR for its
farm worker campaign. I wasn't interested, but I thought Jackie was. I've
only met the current IBT president, I've never worked for him.

I did consulting work for LIUNA when Angelo Fosco was its general
president. Angie was "connected," but not the Chicago kingpin as the
Justice Department made him out to be. Angie was a prince of a fellow in
terms of personal relationships (I attended his marriage to his second
wife - he was a widower), but he simply was not bright enough to be any
sort of Mafia chieftain, at least not a Chicago chieftain. Angelo's son,
though, is a felon. I also knew Angelo's father, Peter Fosco, whom I met
when he was close to 80. Peter was a genius, and at one time, it was
reputed, a partner of Al Capone.

There's no question those two unions, the IBT and LIUNA, were corrupt as
could be in those days, but they aren't now. I know the current LIUNA
president, Terry O'Sullivan, and he is tough and straight. He would not
hesitate a moment to have arrested any LIUNA official, local or
international, who is dishonest. He's done it any number of times.

You may not know this, but union officials are bonded. If they dip into
the cash register, the bonding company has to make good the loss, and the
bonding companies ALWAYS force prosecution.

In any event, none of the union officials I have ever known, and I have
known some doozies, have ever caused this country the amount of harm that
George W. Bush has, and none has ever stolen anywhere near the amount of
money that Bush or his neoconvicts have. And yes, I consider Bush's
shennanigans in Texas while he was a "businessman" theft...and I consider
what Halliburton does theft.

There was a reason why union officials had to be tough guys...and in my
mind, there still is a reason. The corporations who oppose them play much
tougher and rougher...they simply wear better suits.

I have two patients who are now each other's best friend despite 35 years of
verbally (and sometimes physically) abusing one another when they lived up
North. One owned a trucking company, and the other was the top union
official for the union representing the company's drivers. They absolutely
hated each other, their families hated each other, and the police had to be
brought in on more than one occasion to quell a near-physical confrontation.
Now, they go out to shows, to movies, and out to dinner together.

Thursday, January 13, 2005
BY TED SHERMAN
[...]

the a

href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=11&k=cash%20register"
onmouseover="window.status='cash register'; return true;"
onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;"cash register/a, the
[...]

Because they are too old to do anything else. There pacemakers won't
keep pace if they get out of their Lil' Rascals....

Thursday, January 13, 2005
BY TED SHERMAN
[...]

If you keep it up, Harry may invite you for a ride on his boat. Don't
turn him down, or he'll turn nasty!

Thursday, January 13, 2005
BY TED SHERMAN
Star-Ledger Staff
Some of the highest-paying jobs at Local 734 of the Laborers' International
Union of North America -- which represents thousands of workers in New
Jersey and Pennsylvania -- had little to do with digging ditches.

The Laborers' union now is seeking a federal investigation into the New
Jersey local, claiming that members were defrauded of more than $2 million
in a scheme that saw the hiring of relatives and business cronies to perform
"non-essential, part-time and ruse jobs at grossly excessive salaries."

That's the appropriate response by an International and usually what
happens.

And, despite the fact that some officials of that local were corrupt and
were removed, there are thousands of corrupt corporate execs in NJ
fleecing the public.

Hmmm, so because another person or group is corrupt, that should
excuse this union for doing similar.

Heck, you condemn the whole FBI for the actions of a few of it's
employees, yet you come up with all sort of excuses for these corrupt
unions?

Typical hypocrisy.

[...]

So what's your point? That there's corruption in every corner of
commerce?

Dave