Oil weight for mercruiser 5.7

Old October 11th 03, 10:20 PM
Matt

Default Oil weight for mercruiser 5.7

I am changing the oil in my 5.7 v8 Mercruiser. I live in northern New
Jersey and use only in summer months. I was planning on useing 10-30 anyone
recommend anything else?

Old October 11th 03, 11:05 PM
Doug Meredith

either use Mercruiser 20-40, or straight 40w. See your owners manual for
what Merc recommends. 10-30 is too light for your engine.

Old October 12th 03, 03:07 AM
Messing In Boats

I have that engine and am now using 15-40 Amsoil marine diesel oil. I'll
let you know in about 2400 engine hours if it was the right move...

Capt. Jeff