Default Pinta

Casco Bay Maine Sunrise 6-28-11
Attached Thumbnails
Pinta-img_2151.jpg

"MWB" wrote in message ...

Casco Bay Maine Sunrise 6-28-11
Attached Thumbnails
Pinta-img_2148.jpg

Real nice Mark!
Paul

"MWB" wrote in message
Casco Bay Maine Sunrise 6-28-11

Thanks Paul

This was the first time I went to Spring Point at sunrise.

I knew the vessels were in town and I didn't know they were leaving.

In fact the Nina was the only one showing up on Marine Traffic.

I wanted to see them and I got lucky.

When I first saw the Nina, it was dark and it took me a couple of seconds to
figure out at just what I was looking at.

The first ship, the captain was hollering orders to the helmsman the whole
time.

The second ship, not one word. I didn't hear anyone talking.

"MWB" schreef in bericht
Casco Bay Maine Sunrise 6-28-11

Great pictures Mark, thanks.
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)

Default Pinta - MorrisRoger-SantaMariaNiñaAndPinta-sj.jpg

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 09:19:10 -0500, Sj wrote:

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 09:05:04 -0400, "MWB" wrote:

Casco Bay Maine Sunrise 6-28-11

Illustration by Roger Morris

The Santa Maria, the Niña and the Pinta at sea,
in the chapter on Christopher Columbus in his
book, 'Atlantic Seafaring - Ten Centuries of
Exploration'

Sj

I remember seeing those three ships at Jamestown, or rather the
replicas of them as a young person. It was not far from my home. Nice
to see them again. Poquoson was my town, a town in the 50's and a city
a few years later. From 5,000 to over 100 thousand now. Wow time flies
and flies like a banana.

"MWB" wrote in message

Thanks Paul

This was the first time I went to Spring Point at sunrise.

I knew the vessels were in town and I didn't know they were leaving.

In fact the Nina was the only one showing up on Marine Traffic.

I wanted to see them and I got lucky.

When I first saw the Nina, it was dark and it took me a couple of seconds
to figure out at just what I was looking at.

The first ship, the captain was hollering orders to the helmsman the whole
time.

The second ship, not one word. I didn't hear anyone talking.

Two different way of commanding I guess!

Paul