posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring

Default Looking for a paddling vacation

I want a sea kayaking vacation that isn't too strenous. My wife isn't
*really* enamoured of the idea of camping, but I think I can talk her into
it if we had to but she doesn't want to carry all our stuff and put up a
tent every day, and she doesn't want to cook. We've been looking at web
sites for mothership or base-camp kayaking in Alaska, Haida Gwai, and
Washington. But every web site makes them seem like the greatest thing
ever. So have any of you people tried one of these things and have good
or bad experiences to share?

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
One could teach a child to Google but one _still_ should
posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring

There are lots of outfitters who will do everything for you. It sounds
like you want something even more than that, so I'd do a search for "Inn
to inn kayak tour" or "mothership kayak tour".

Steve