posted to rec.boats.paddle

Default Does anyone come here to talk about boating?

Or is it all SPAM?

John Kuthe...
posted to rec.boats.paddle

Per John Kuthe:
Or is it all SPAM?

I am not even seeing spam.
--
Pete Cresswell
posted to rec.boats.paddle

On Sunday, January 17, 2016 at 10:46:58 AM UTC-6, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per John Kuthe:
Or is it all SPAM?

I am not even seeing spam.
--
Pete Cresswell

I see tons of SPAM posts for ostensible test textbooks!! Or some crap!

Nothing like the RBP of olde!! Scott Weiser posts, and of course that psycho who shall not be named! Oh, and actual boating posts as well!

John Kuthe...
posted to rec.boats.paddle

Per John Kuthe:
I see tons of SPAM posts for ostensible test textbooks!! Or some crap!

Nothing like the RBP of olde!! Scott Weiser posts, and of course that psycho who shall not be named! Oh, and actual boating posts as well!

I see 3 of those spams between 12/4/2015 and 1/3/2016.

Before that, the last posts I see are a "test" on 21/2/2015 and a reply
to "Just thought I would rephrase and try again....." on 9/27/2015

--
Pete Cresswell
posted to rec.boats.paddle

On Sunday, January 17, 2016 at 1:37:23 PM UTC-6, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per John Kuthe:
I see tons of SPAM posts for ostensible test textbooks!! Or some crap!

Nothing like the RBP of olde!! Scott Weiser posts, and of course that psycho who shall not be named! Oh, and actual boating posts as well!

I see 3 of those spams between 12/4/2015 and 1/3/2016.

Before that, the last posts I see are a "test" on 21/2/2015 and a reply
to "Just thought I would rephrase and try again....." on 9/27/2015

--
Pete Cresswell

Yeah, looks like you and I are the only surviving RBPers!! I still have an RBP sticker on the back of my helmet! We are old school!

John Kuthe...

posted to rec.boats.paddle

In a previous article, John Kuthe said:
Or is it all SPAM?

This group is 90% spam and 10% people complaining that nobody talks about
boating any more. And 0% people actually talking about paddling.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
Pity stayed his hand. "It's a pity I've run out of bullets", he thought.
posted to rec.boats.paddle

Per Paul Tomblin:
10% people complaining that nobody talks about
boating any more. And 0% people actually talking about paddling.

I am not even seeing those posts.

--
Pete Cresswell
posted to rec.boats.paddle

On Monday, January 18, 2016 at 8:09:27 AM UTC-6, Paul Tomblin wrote:
In a previous article, John Kuthe said:
Or is it all SPAM?

This group is 90% spam and 10% people complaining that nobody talks about
boating any more. And 0% people actually talking about paddling.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
Pity stayed his hand. "It's a pity I've run out of bullets", he thought.
-- Bored of the Rings

Let's take this group back then!!

Any participants? I don't even get out and boat nearly as much as I used to between 1994 and 2003ish when I decided to change careers again and became an RN. But I still love boating/kayaking like a sin! :-)

Now if we could just eliminate all that SPAM! I'm limited to Google Groups for right now, no killfiles, etc. So I see everything as far as I know!

John Kuthe...
posted to rec.boats.paddle

On 2016-01-18, John Kuthe wrote:
Let's take this group back then!!

Any participants? I don't even get out and boat nearly as much as I used
to between 1994 and 2003ish when I decided to change careers again and
became an RN. But I still love boating/kayaking like a sin! :-)

Not much here in the way of boating any longer. I've been perusing this
group for many years and used to to a lot of float trips (only about class
II) down the wonderful rivers in OK, AR, MO, and a few in TX and LA. Still
have the kayak (Foldbot 2-place, 16ft) but haven't had it out in a few years.

Mothra showed up a month or so ago and posted an article and we had a few
exchanges. You may remember her in posts here and also Paddlewise. She was a
musician and avid paddler. She has written a book, "River Run: Adventures on
the Edge of Elightenment", her full name, Kathryn 'Mothra' Streletzky. The
book centers around Scott Bristow's death and her experiences as a paddler.

I bought the e-book version and it did bring back memories of the group here
as it used to be.

....Edwin
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes
turned skyward, for there you have been, there you long to
return."-da Vinci http://www.kd5zlb.org
posted to rec.boats.paddle

On Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at 9:50:10 AM UTC-6, Edwin Johnson wrote:
On 2016-01-18, John Kuthe wrote:
[...]

SCOTT BRISTOW!! Could not remember his name when I posted about my RBP sticker on the back of my helmet. But it' got a silhouette Scott Bristow hand paddling!

And Mothra! What a name from the past of RBP!! :-) Hope she shows up again, maybe in this thread!!

Anyone remember "Melissa"? I copied a post she made circa 11/14/2003:

"I went paddling today, and looked around at the familiar scenery.
Each time something came into view, my mind presented me with a word.
Driftwood; jellyfish; wave; seal; current; eagle; cat's paw, and so
on. Then there was the bird that I didn't know the name of, and I
thought about all the words in my mind, and about the missing word. I
liked the missing word best of all. Once again I remember...it's time
to forget. In this moment, words belong in a different world.

Even the loveliest of words can only dance around the truth of
something...or at best, walk us to the door and let us go. The irony
of me writing these very words does not escape me as I dance around
the truth of even this moment. Here I am, trying to write about how I
love it when the words fall away, and perception once again joins
breathing as an unspoken act of nature.

I went paddling today, and it took me, like so many times before, to
where nothing has a name."

Beautiful post! :-)

John Kuthe...