posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring

Default paddle visibility

Dan Koretz wrote:
I missed your earlier note about prismatic tape. What is the one you
have had good experiences with?

I don't recall the brand, but I found it at an auto parts store. IIRC,
it was a VIP store. Look in the section where the pinstriping tape is.

Brian Nystrom wrote the following on 9/27/2006 3:41 PM:
James wrote:
I bought adhesive mylar strips from Campmor and stuck two on each face
of both blades. The mylar is so thin that there is no worry about
disrupting the flow over the blades.

I have received unsolicited, positive feedback from other folks. Most
of the comments sound like: "Damn, I coud see your paddle flashing from
way out!"

Of course it is most effective when paddling east or west but it does
seem to work well, and the strips were pretty cheap.

The prismatic tape I mentioned is very similar, but it works over a
wider range of sun angles and it creates a multi-colored reflection
that's quite eye-catching.