Default Early bedtime?

On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 20:47:07 -0400, Alex wrote:

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 3/24/17 1:02 PM, justan wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
On 3/23/17 2:23 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 10:42:59 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

11:39 AMKeyser Soze
I'm sure Fretwell will be delighted to serve as your medical advisor,
and at no co$t either, except perhaps your life.
Can't be much worse than the people who get payed well to perform
unnecessary procedures.

In just about any other context, Harry would be complaining about the
"pay for service" model of American health care.

Yet another figment of your imagination. Why would I object to fee for
service? The PPO I use is based upon that model, and I pay for those
services via my health insurance premiums and a reasonable co-pay.
It is
a little humorous that virtually every time you claim you know what
I am
thinking, you are wrong. It isn't my fault that you posted a personal
experience of yours in which the original care and recommendations
weren't what you needed. Perhaps you should spend more time picking the
right physicians. A couple of years ago, I went to see my doc because I
felt awful, with a fever and a cough and as soon as I got into the exam
room and she came in, she said, "you're going down to the ER right now
for immediate tests because I think you have pneumonia and the hospital
will give me test results in less than an hour, and our lab here in the
office takes at least a half a day."

Well, she was right...pneumonia...so I was given the right meds and put
on an IV.

It's your responsibility to pick the right doctors and other medical
providers. Obviously, you didn't.

You can avoid pneumonia with a healthy lifestyle including regular
exercise. Anout the only exercise you get is climbing the stairs
to clean the wifes pets litter boxes.

Both your points are moronic. As for the second point, I go to a local
gym three times a week and spend 90 minutes on the treadmill, rowing
machine, arm machine and stairmaster.

Bull****. You couldn't stand 10 minutes on the treadmill for your
stress test.

How could you possibly doubt the truth of something Harry said?

On 3/23/2017 12:36 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 12:46:14 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 3/23/17 11:47 AM,
wrote:

You got lucky. There are plenty of quacks in the medical profession.
They told my wife she needed an emergency appendectomy. This was not
the laparoscope deal, it was a cut you open and look around thing. She
ended up with a scar that looks like she lost a sword fight and it
took a year of rehab.
They did not find anything wrong. oops sorry, but good news, your
insurance covered it. (back when insurance covered stuff)
I have already told you all about the easter egg hunt they went
through my insurance coverage on for my wrists, turns out nothing
there either. (One PT session where the girl told me to do what the
doctors told me not to do)
Doctors seem to just keep doing stuff as long as your insurance will
pay.

My GP sent me to an orthopedic surgeon, a damned good one, to further
investigate my wrist problems. He was very careful with tests and
x-rays, and also sent me to a good rheumatologist for co-consult, and
who ran a series of different blood tests. They concurred on carpal
tunnel rather than a couple of immune diseases and while they were
deciding, I took some steroids. I had one wrist/palm done and then the
other, first class surgery, and I've enjoyed a great recovery. I'm sure
my health insurance was hit hard, but my out of pockets were limited to
$10 for each doctor's visit and a total of $400 for both surgeries.
That's why I pay for the good insurance. Oh...and the insurance covered
OT afterwards for both wrists.

I trust my doctors.

In my case I ended up with 2 MRIs, a bunch of blood tests and enough X
rays to light up a small city. I had 3 different kind of braces/cuffs,
Prednisone, Dichlofenac, Ibuprophen, Naproxen and finally a
prescription for Methotrexate that I threw in the trash as soon as I
read the warning pamphlet. (the others are pretty scary too)
When I went back to the sports doctor who started this mess he sent me
to the PT girl. She said I should throw away all of the braces, stop
the drugs and do all the things that they told me not to do. In a week
I was cured. Looking at my EOBs, these *******s bled my insurance for
over $100,000 for over a year and never fixed a thing. The $50 an hour
PT girl could have fixed me on day one.
The rheumatologist that gave me the Methotrexate was the biggest quack
of all. He did not do any tests, looked over the records and sent me
on my way with a diagnosis of Psoriatic Arthritis because his only
other thing would have been Rheumatic Arthritis and that was already
eliminated by the RH factor test. I knew how that one was going to
come out as soon as I read the posters in his waiting room. It was the
only two bullets in his gun.
I have already said the doctors I knew in DC were much better than the
ones down here and I did have a wife inside the tent to warn me off of
the quacks up there. There were plenty of them. All the people she
worked for could do was deny privileges and that was not as easy as it
should be. There was a (PSRO) meeting once a week to discuss how the
hospital could side step malpractice suits and mitigate the damages if
they couldn't. Listening to the recap of that meeting was depressing.

Here's article that compares the results of physical therapy and surgery
for carpal tunnel.. Try PT first.
http://www.webmd.com/pain-management...src=RSS_PUBLIC

wrote:

[...]

It's easiest to assume it's BS from the start.

An early candidate for... hk General 48 May 20th 10 03:00 AM
early Valentine's Day for me nom=de=plume General 6 February 13th 10 09:19 PM
A little early to ask, but................ JimH General 10 December 22nd 05 01:15 PM
Early end to season Wally ASA 14 November 17th 04 08:36 PM