basskisser

Default The 4th and boating.Lake Oroville.

"Calif Bill" wrote in message

snip

Been to Oroville, and it IS a pretty lake. But that's a hell of a
drive from the Bay area. Also, in acreage, it isn't the second largest
lake in CA.
Oroville, 15k acres
Clear Lake 43k acres
Lake Almanor 28k acres
Shasta Lake 30k acres
Trinity Lake 17k acres

Next time I visit the in-laws in Concord, I'd love to take a trip to
see Shasta, heard it's real nice. Bet it takes a day up and a day
back, though huh?
Calif Bill

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Calif Bill" wrote in message

snip

Been to Oroville, and it IS a pretty lake. But that's a hell of a
drive from the Bay area. Also, in acreage, it isn't the second largest
lake in CA.
Oroville, 15k acres

28,450 acres
http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=462

Clear Lake 43k acres

Lake Almanor 28k acres

28,257 acres
http://wwwdpla.water.ca.gov/nd/Water...LkAlmanor.html

Shasta Lake 30k acres
Trinity Lake 17k acres

Next time I visit the in-laws in Concord, I'd love to take a trip to
see Shasta, heard it's real nice. Bet it takes a day up and a day
back, though huh?

Oroville is about 140 miles from my house. Shasta is 5 hours from Concord.
Bill

Joe

snip

Been to Oroville, and it IS a pretty lake. But that's a hell of a
drive from the Bay area. Also, in acreage, it isn't the second largest
lake in CA.
Oroville, 15k acres

28,450 acres
http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=462

What? DimDummy is wrong again?

basskisser

"Joe" wrote in message . ..
snip

Been to Oroville, and it IS a pretty lake. But that's a hell of a
drive from the Bay area. Also, in acreage, it isn't the second largest
lake in CA.
Oroville, 15k acres

28,450 acres
http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=462

What? DimDummy is wrong again?

Here, suck on THIS, asshole:

California Lakes

There are 200 major lakes and reservoirs in California and hundreds of
other smaller lakes . We have divided the state into three sections:
North, Central, and South to better organize the content. In these
areas we have chosen to focus on some of the more popular or
interesting lakes in each area.

Northern California:
Bullards Bar Reservoir - A great lake for boat-in camping this large
lake of 4,700 acres has 56 miles of shoreline set at a elevation of
1,902 feet. The lake is located about 25 miles north of Nevada City
on Highway 49 and near the town of Camptonville.
Clear Lake - Often called "Bass Capital of the West" this lake is huge
at 43,000 acres, a shoreline of 100 miles and at 1,326 feet elevation.
Located Lake County this lake offers just about every possible water
related recreational activity.
Donner Lake - A beautiful lake just west of Truckee, off Interstate
80. The lake is oblong shaped, 3 miles long and 3/4 of mile wide, at
an elevation of 5,963 feet in the Tahoe National Forest.
Lake Almanor - One of the largest man-made lakes in California this
lake is 13 miles long and 6 miles wide with a surface area of 28,000
acres , and sits at an elevation of 4,500, in the Lassen National
Forest. The lake is located 28 miles west of Susanville on Highway
36.
Lake Oroville - A huge man-made reservoir with extensive lake arms, it
covers 15,000 acres and has 165 miles of shoreline at an elevation of
900 feet. Located off Highway 70 near the town of Oroville it
features the Oroville Dam the highest dam in the U.S., which towers
770 feet above Oroville.
Lakes Basin Recreational Area - More than 50 small glacial lakes and
numerous trout filled streams make this a great camping and fishing
area. Located along Gold Lake Road north of the town of Bassetts on
Highway 49.
Shasta Lake - Another of California's prime recreational lakes, it
features 30,000 surface acres of water and 370 miles of shoreline, at
the 1,067 foot elevation. It is California's largest reservoir and is
located off Interstate 5 just north of Redding.
Trinity Lake - Regarded as on of California's finest recreational
lakes. It is on the eastern side of the Trinity Alps and is part of
the Whiskeytown -Shasta-Trinity National Recreational Area. It is at
the 2,300 foot elevation with 17,000 surface acres of water and 145
miles of shoreline.

Central California:
Convict Lake - Is small, but one of the prettiest lakes in California.
Located 7 miles south of Mammoth Lakes, the lake is 1 mile long and
1/2 mile wide at an elevation of 7,583 feet, with a back drop of
towering peaks.
Don Pedro Reservoir - At an elevation of 800 feet, this large
reservoir has a surface area of 12,960 acres and 160 miles of oak and
pine dotted shoreline. Located about 40 miles east of Modesto off
Highway 132 it has an abundance of camping and water sport activities.
Hell Hole Lake - This beautiful and remote 1,300 acre lake, sits at
the bottom of a deep gorge in the Eldorado National Forrest at an
elevation of 4,00 feet. Located about 70 miles east of Auburn CA (on
Interstate 80).
June Lake - The June Lake Loop is really a series of four linked
lakes, located 11 miles north of Mammoth Lakes off Highway 395 on
Highway 158. This is a very popular boating, fishing hiking, skiing
resort area.
Lake Nacimiento - A large lake with 167 miles of shoreline and 5,370
surface acres of water at an elevation of 800 feet. It is located in
a valley of oak and pine about 16 miles north of Paso Robles.
Lake San Antonio - One of the best largemouth bass fishing lakes in
the state, it has 5,500 acres of water and 60 miles of shoreline, at
an elevation of 900 feet. Located NW of Paso Robles and near Lake
Nacimiento in Monterey County.
Lake Tahoe - Has to be one of the most spectacularly beautiful lakes
in the United States. The lake is 22 miles long, 12 miles wide, with
72 miles of shoreline, is 1,645 feet deep, and is at an elevation of
6,229. Located west of Carson City NV and SW of Reno NV the lake
features just about every possible recreational sport.
San Pablo Reservoir - One of the top rated fishing lakes in
California, this 860 acre lake sits at an elevation of 314 feet and is
located north of Oakland off Interstate 80.
Calif Bill

The website is wrong as to acres. The dam is based at about 200' and is
770' tall and a mile across. From the dam, the South arm is about 20 miles
long, the middle fork is about the same and the North Fork as 2 arms and is
maybe 24 miles to the end of the long arm when the lake if full. Last
October on the last trip of the year to the lake, it was down 140' and they
were building a low water ramp. Amazing to have a lake down 140' and still
see 3-500' of depth on the sonar.
bill

"basskisser" wrote in message
m...

. ..

------

[...]

Joe

"basskisser" wrote in message
m...
"Joe" wrote in message

. ..
snip

Been to Oroville, and it IS a pretty lake. But that's a hell of a
drive from the Bay area. Also, in acreage, it isn't the second

largest
lake in CA.
Oroville, 15k acres

28,450 acres
http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=462

What? DimDummy is wrong again?

Here, suck on THIS, asshole:

California Lakes

------

Sorry, but with your track record I'll stick with Bill's numbers.

basskisser

"Joe" wrote in message news:ZJkPa.30394
Sorry, but with your track record I'll stick with Bill's numbers.

And with your track record, I won't give a ****. You're just a
pathetic piece of crab that means nothing to anybody. You come across
as a newsgroup bully because of your lack of manhood in real life.
Loser.
basskisser

"Joe" wrote in message news:ZJkPa.30394
What? DimDummy is wrong again?

Here, suck on THIS, asshole:

California Lakes

------

Sorry, but with your track record I'll stick with Bill's numbers.

Here, again, JoeBlowjob:

This CA government document states that Lake Oroville's water surface
area is 15,810 acres at Maximum Operating Storage:

http://www.lakeoroville.water.ca.gov/stats_oro.html

This document states Shasta's lake surface area at M.O.S. as 29,500
acres:

http://69.10.165.170/forest/shastrin/lake1.htm

The same page lists Trinity Lake's surface area at M.O.S. at 16,000
acres.

This document lists Lake Almanor's surface area at 28,257 acres:

http://wwwdpla.water.ca.gov/nd/Water...LkAlmanor.html

This document lists Clear Lake's surface area at 68 square miles. Do
the math and it comes out to approx. 43519.8 acres:

http://wwwdpla.water.ca.gov/nd/Water...ke/ClearL.html
basskisser

"Calif Bill" wrote in message ...
The website is wrong as to acres. The dam is based at about 200' and is
770' tall and a mile across. From the dam, the South arm is about 20 miles
long, the middle fork is about the same and the North Fork as 2 arms and is
maybe 24 miles to the end of the long arm when the lake if full. Last
October on the last trip of the year to the lake, it was down 140' and they
were building a low water ramp. Amazing to have a lake down 140' and still
see 3-500' of depth on the sonar.

Yes, it IS deep! I don't understand, I've just been on CA state web
sites, and the ones I've visited STILL say Oroville is 15,810 acres at
maximum operating storage: Also, I was only in the bay area for a
little over a year. I used to go to the pier in Martinez and fish off
of it, caught a sturgeon right off of the pier one day!

This CA government document states that Lake Oroville's water surface
area is 15,810 acres at Maximum Operating Storage:

http://www.lakeoroville.water.ca.gov/stats_oro.html

This document states Shasta's lake surface area at M.O.S. as 29,500
acres:

http://69.10.165.170/forest/shastrin/lake1.htm

The same page lists Trinity Lake's surface area at M.O.S. at 16,000
acres.

This document lists Lake Almanor's surface area at 28,257 acres:

http://wwwdpla.water.ca.gov/nd/Water...LkAlmanor.html

This document lists Clear Lake's surface area at 68 square miles. Do
the math and it comes out to approx. 43519.8 acres:

http://wwwdpla.water.ca.gov/nd/Water...ke/ClearL.html
basskisser

"Joe" wrote in message . ..
Sorry, but with your track record I'll stick with Bill's numbers.

And with your track record, I won't give a ****. You're just a
pathetic piece of crab that means nothing to anybody. You come across
as a newsgroup bully because of your lack of manhood in real life.
Loser.

Why don't you end all of your posts with "yeah, yeah, that's the ticket"?
At least *then* you'd be entertaining.

Perhaps you didn't read my post pertaining to CA lakes, and the
acreage of said lakes?