Bobsprit

Default Wally's Spin

I'm STILL waiting for any pic of Wally's boat with a spin. He didn't like my
ultra light air shot, so I'd like to see his force 8 pic!

Still waiting....

RB
Wally

Bobsprit wrote:
I'm STILL waiting for any pic of Wally's boat with a spin. He didn't
like my ultra light air shot, so I'd like to see his force 8 pic!

Bob, I've already seen your 2 knots and raised it to 10-15.

Are you gonna raise, call, or fold?

--
Wally
www.forthsailing.com

Bobsprit

Bob, I've already seen your 2 knots and raised it to 10-15.

You have yet to post any pics of your boat with a spin. Don't leave us hanging.
Does your boat HAVE a spin?

RB
Wally

Bobsprit wrote:

Does your boat HAVE a spin?

Do you HAVE a boat?

--
Wally
www.forthsailing.com

Bobsprit

Does your boat HAVE a spin?

Do you HAVE a boat?

Actually, I now own two boats. Three if you count my Canoe in PA.
Let us know when you get a spin for your micro cruiser.

RB

Wally

Bobsprit wrote:

Actually, I now own two boats. Three if you count my Canoe in PA.
Let us know when you get a spin for your micro cruiser.

I do have one - when I get my toy digicam, I'll take a snap of it. If I'm in
a good mood, I might even drag it out of the bag. I realise I'll be betting
under your 2 knots, but this is, of course, a different hand from the
'feeble waifs and strays versus proper sailors actually sailing' one.

Why is it that, of all the pics you've posted, only one has ever shown
someone actually doing something other than grinning inanely in the cockpit?

--
Wally
www.forthsailing.com

Bobsprit

I do have one - when I get my toy digicam, I'll take a snap of it. If I'm in
a good mood, I might even drag it out of the bag. I realise I'll be betting
under your 2 knots,

You'll take a pic of it out of the bag in +10 knots? Oh goody!
By the way, the best low cost digicam for a boat is the Sony U30, U40 and
waterproof versions. They are small enough to be worn around the neck (tucked
under a short please!). They are poor at night though. Most of the new pics on
my site were taken with these tiny Sony cameras...

RB
Wally

Bobsprit wrote:

You'll take a pic of it out of the bag in +10 knots? Oh goody!

I said I might.

By the way, the best low cost digicam for a boat is the Sony U30, U40
and waterproof versions. They are small enough to be worn around the
neck (tucked under a short please!). They are poor at night though.
Most of the new pics on my site were taken with these tiny Sony
cameras...

Those look like nice little cameras. Mini digicams are getting smaller and
better all the time - when I got my Ixus, it was about the only decent
quality mini-sized one around - the rest were all 35mm compact size.

I found a slightly better toycam for 20 quid - VGA res, 52 shots. Weighs 47
grams including the battery and a lanyard. Dimensions are 60mm wide, 40mm
high, 15mm thick - about the size of a Zippo lighter. It also does a lower
res (CIF) and gives 200 shots in that mode. Those capacities are with high
compression - half the number of shots for low compression. The cam I used
last night was CIF only, as was the 15-quid one I was going to get. Next
sail is a 3-race mini-series on Sunday...

--
Wally
www.forthsailing.com

Bobsprit

I found a slightly better toycam for 20 quid - VGA res, 52 shots. Weighs 47
grams including the battery and a lanyard. Dimensions are 60mm wide, 40mm
high, 15mm thick - about the size of a Zippo lighter. It also does a lower
res (CIF) and gives 200 shots in that mode. Those capacities are with high
compression - half the number of shots for low compression. The cam I used
last night was CIF only, as was the 15-quid one I was going to get. Next
sail is a 3-race mini-series on Sunday...

This Sony takes 2 mp pix and even does 30 second movies. Uses the memory stick
and costs 179.00 US.
It's no toy dispite the low cost:
Looks like this:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_.../sony_u30.html

Scroll down and you'll also see a pic of the waterproof version which I also
own. Fun cameras and they actually get more use than my prosumer cameras.

RB

Wally

Bobsprit wrote:

This Sony takes 2 mp pix and even does 30 second movies. Uses the
memory stick and costs 179.00 US.
It's no toy dispite the low cost:

Yup, different price point and quality. I'm going to see how I get on with
the ZippoCam for now - I'd like to do video eventually, so I'm keeping an
eye on the little solid-state vidcams that are coming out. They lack memory
at present, but they'll develop over the coming months.

Looks like this:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_.../sony_u30.html

Scroll down and you'll also see a pic of the waterproof version which
I also own. Fun cameras and they actually get more use than my
prosumer cameras.

The waterproof one looks a little large beside the U30. Interesting
form-factor - how do you find the handling? (I suppose it's like the 'grip'
side of an SLR...)

--
Wally
www.forthsailing.com

OT--Not again! More Chinese money buying our politicians. NOYB General 23 February 6th 04 05:01 PM
Wally's Kodak Moment Bobsprit ASA 8 September 26th 03 05:02 PM
New style (spin on) Raycor (diesel) fuel filters Marc Auslander Cruising 25 September 19th 03 12:02 AM
Fabian's a beauty but what's that trying to spin up south of Cuba? Simple Simon ASA 2 September 2nd 03 02:00 AM