Default Panama Canal Birdwatching

The Panama Canal Authority has generously provided three webcams. The
one at the Miraflores locks has some [pipe?] in the foreground, that
frequently has a hawk perched on it. Most traffic at the canal is
boxboats, occasionally a tanker or breakbulk freighter. Saw a tall
ship there once. You do see occasional sailboats.
http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

Casady

(Richard Casady) wrote in
:

The Panama Canal Authority has generously provided three webcams. The
one at the Miraflores locks has some [pipe?] in the foreground, that
frequently has a hawk perched on it. Most traffic at the canal is
boxboats, occasionally a tanker or breakbulk freighter. Saw a tall
ship there once. You do see occasional sailboats.
http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

Casady

Funny you should mention that, Casady. I booted one of those webcams on
the locks one night and had a full size picture of some seagull's behind
sitting right in front of the lens! I kept coming back for hours and it
must have been sleeping on the spot as it never moved until the next
day...

Larry
--
Search youtube for "Depleted Uranium"
The ultimate dirty bomb......
Bob Bob is offline

On Sep 1, 5:23 pm, Larry wrote:

full size picture of some seagull's behind
sitting right in front of the lens! I kept coming back for hours and it
must have been sleeping on the spot as it never moved until the next
day...

Larry

Darn........ I though we had a real birder here. Trivia: I believe
that South America is known as the bird continent of the world. More
species are found there than any place in the world. Huge N-S flyways
pass from North America through central America headed for SA. Heck ya
might even get to see a migrating hummer.

So was that a confirmed gull's ass or maybe a Caspian Turn's ass?

Boy Birder Bob

Bob wrote in news:1188780397.641088.274070@
19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com:

So was that a confirmed gull's ass or maybe a Caspian Turn's ass?

Boy Birder Bob

Unconfirmed! I could have waken "Zeke" up from under the keyboard, where
the old sop is sleeping between my legs dreaming about some "chick" or
other at the moment because he keeps kicking the bottom of the keyboard
tray. Zeke is a yellow naped Amazon, about 20 years old. I've had him
since I owned a parrot and small animal shop back in the 80's. But, he
didn't see the bird on the screen from under there in the dark.

Asleep in his hovel is "Roger-Roger", of radio fame, my Blue and Gold
macaw I hand raised from a 6-day-old chick about 15 years ago. RR likes
his evenings to himself, with one foot attached to his favorite toy chain
tucked under his starboard wing...which is his favorite sleeping
position. Roger-Roger is the product of 6 years of potty training, an
experiment on my part. Parrots can learn about anything short of
assembler programming, but roller skating around the kitchen can't hold a
candle to a parrot that doesn't poop on you...(c; Hold him over a
trashcan and say, "do your business"...he'll lean back, take aim, hit the
release switches and then yells, "BOMBS AWAY!", VERY loud as only a macaw
can do...to the delight of anyone in range...(c; When a stranger
approaches he's not convinced is an easy touch for a treat, he says, "Oh-
Oh....Now what?!", causing the most stoic old goat to crack.

I love my birds, too......spoilt rotten!

All I saw in the cam was feathers...(c;

Larry
--
Search youtube for "Depleted Uranium"
The ultimate dirty bomb......

Strange Sub in the Panama Canal? Maynard G. Krebbs Cruising 6 April 12th 07 05:00 AM
Panama Canal requires AIS in all vessels Larry Electronics 18 July 18th 05 02:46 AM
Panama Canal Pics Jeff Cruising 2 April 17th 05 05:38 PM
Panama Canal Garry Beattie General 4 December 12th 03 11:17 PM