Simple Simon

Default Time to slam the door on their fat feet.

Hey Rick, hey otn, hey Capt. Shen, hey Capt. Morris!

Since I have a valid OUPV license as well as a Master's license
I don't have to worry about a sail endorsement when chartering
my sailboat because there is no such thing as a sail endorsement
on an OUPV.

How do you like them apples? Read on and rid yourself of your
ignorance once and for all.

The Coast Guard calls this license Operator of Uninspected
Passenger Vessels (OUPV). The rest of the world refers to it
as the "6-PACK" License. The word "uninspected" is a
technical term meaning that the equipment required, and
the design of the boat, are less regulated. "6-PACK" refers
to the 6 passenger limitation placed on the boat, and additionally,
on the license.

The OUPV license comes in 3 versions: Inland, Great Lakes
and Near Coastal. (mine is near coastal)

The Near Coastal enables one to travel up to 100 miles
offshore. This presently opens the door to the Bahamas
and, when the stand-off is ended and trade reopened, to
Havana.

Inland waters means bays, rivers, sounds, etc., of the U.S.
All OUPV licenses are for vessels to 100 Gross Tons.

So please explain to me how much trouble I can be in
for chartering my sailboat and carrying up to six passengers
even if I never turn on the motor.

Rick, you look particularly stupid for overlooking the obvious.
The obvious being I can fully legally carry paying passengers on
my sailboat without a sail endorsement. Makes you look pretty
stupid doesn't it.

So who's the amateur with a toy license now. Huh? I can't
hear you.

S.Simon

otnmbrd

ROFLMAO wassamatter Neal ....did he make you nervous enough to read the
REGS?
Careful, now, the Bahama's and Cuba, are foreign voyages ........

otn

Simple Simon wrote:

[...]

Simple Simon

No response from the Peanut Gallery?

Bwaahahahhahahahahah! This is so much fun
putting the pretenders in their places. I gave
you people every chance to see the light. I
even posted the titles of my licenses below
my signature and rather that seeing what
was there at least one of you chose to deride.

Let that be a lesson to you all. I'm smarter
than all of you put together and I know my
own situation and the licenses I need to
make a living if need be. Just wait till
Cuba opens up. I'll be rich going back
and forth and being paid for it, yes, on
my sailboat without a sailing endorsement.

So foolish of you to attempt to argue with
me.

Good night. I'll let you crawl off into the
nearest corner and lick your wounds.

S.Simon - Master of them all.

"Simple Simon" wrote in message ...
[...]

Rick

Simple Simon wrote:

Since I have a valid OUPV license as well as a Master's license
I don't have to worry about a sail endorsement when chartering
my sailboat because there is no such thing as a sail endorsement
on an OUPV.

Well, give the man his due, so far as I can determine, he is correct in
that he does not need a sail endorsement on his OUPV to charter his toy
sailboat with 6 or fewer passengers on board.

That is scary.

Rick

Rick

Simple Simon wrote:

Just wait till Cuba opens up. I'll be rich going
back and forth and being paid for it, yes, on
my sailboat without a sailing endorsement.

Are you so sure about that? That OUPV isn't worth squat without a few
more bits of paper that you haven't got and probably can not get.

Don't be so quick to do your victory dance, Nil, you still can't serve
as a master carrying passengers on any of those voyages you say you can
make.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha ... You are still just a wannabe

Rick

otnmbrd

ROFL Basically, what this comes down to, is that you are finally
admitting that your 25 tn license is useless to you on your boat, and in
effect is just a piece of wallpaper ..... so .... you have no time on
it, never have, never will, and rather than calling yourself a master
mariner, after your name, you should be calling yourself OUPV ! i.e.
"Operator", not master.
Now that you've admitted to it and got that straight, we can proceed......

otn

Simple Simon wrote:
[...]

Jeff Morris

Thanks for putting the right spin on this.

I was more startled by Neal's bizarre claim that the ColRegs, and not 46CFR, are the
appropriate reference for the limitations of his license(s).

ink.net...

Simple Simon wrote:
[...]

otnmbrd

G Neal argues his license in the same manner he argues the "Rules" ...
in the abstract.
He'll continuously, grasp at some abstract statement, whose relevance
sounds plausible to the un-initiated and to himself, in a vain attempt
to prove his point.
In the case of the oupv license requirements, he's stumbled upon a
possible fact (I don't know enough about this particular license to
comment, other than the fact that my father holds a 6-pack for auxiliary
sail) that's not really worth chasing down.

otn

Jeff Morris wrote:
Thanks for putting the right spin on this.

I was more startled by Neal's bizarre claim that the ColRegs, and not 46CFR, are the
appropriate reference for the limitations of his license(s).

ink.net...