Default Patriot Service

Piscataqua River Portsmouth, NH

This was a Candies tug out of New Orleans. I worked for Candies in 1984 and
1985 and it brought back some great memories.

Mark

Attached Thumbnails
Patriot Service-img_8803.jpg

On 5/22/10 20:38 , MWB wrote:
Piscataqua River Portsmouth, NH

This was a Candies tug out of New Orleans. I worked for Candies in 1984
and
1985 and it brought back some great memories.

Mark

This is a great question.

In 10 foot seas the stern is easily under water.

This is a sea going tug and can easily handle 20 - 30 foot seas. Notice the
high stacks. This is a work horse that doesn't go weather-bound. This tug
was made in Louisiana and designed in Japan.

This tug was designer to do one thing. Tow oil rigs and it was perfect for
the job.

Follow the stairs. I used to sit for hours at the bottom of the stairs. I
would wear a life jacket, wrap a line around myself and sit at the bottom of
the stairs on the stern. There are two freeing ports there and it was great
to have water break over my head and come in through the freeing ports.

The upper wheel houses were added later on and these tugs stay in the notch.

At night I would put the flood lights on the stern and sit in the rearward
facing helm (between the stacks) and watch the world float by.

Then I got married.

Mark

[IMG] code is On

Patriot Day jim[_7_] General 6 September 12th 08 05:07 AM
Strengthen the Patriot Act! Bob Crantz ASA 0 December 8th 05 04:02 PM
"Patriot?" act and boaters Jim General 1 July 14th 04 04:42 PM
OT Patriot Act - Martial Law basskisser General 1 July 11th 04 12:10 PM
"Patriot" Act Lance Boyles ASA 1 December 9th 03 07:02 AM